Page 24 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Ndsu @ jmu semifinal pre game talk

Default Re: Ndsu @ jmu semifinal pre game talk

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Nevermind we beat 3 playoff teams this year, and if you're mad UNI made the field and don't want to include them it's 2 playoff teams we beat. They played one playoff team and lost, at home. No wonder they focus on losses because that's what losers do.
    Not to mention that the team NDSU lost to is playing in the semifinals…after soundly beating the team that beat JMU.

Exclamation Re: Ndsu @ jmu semifinal pre game talk

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Nevermind we beat 3 playoff teams this year, and if you're mad UNI made the field and don't want to include them it's 2 playoff teams we beat. They played one playoff team and lost, at home. No wonder they focus on losses because that's what losers do.
    Remember: All wins are not created equal, neither are all playoff teams

ND opponent record 78-72, 5 winning record teams
    Albany 2-7
    Valparaiso 4-7
    Towson 4-7
    North Dakota 5-6
    UNI 6-6
    Illinois St 4-7
    Missouri St 8-4
    Indiana St 5-6
    SD st 11-3
    Youngstown St 3-7
    South Dakota 7-5
    Southern Illinois 8-5
    East Tenn St 11-2

JMU opponent record 82-73; 9 Winning record teams
    Weber 6-5
    Villa 11-3
    Elon 6-5
    Rhode Island 7-4
    Maine 6-5
    Richmond 6-5
    Will & Mary 6-5
    Delaware 5-6
    Towson 4-7
    New Hamp 3-8
    Campbell 3-8
    SELU 9-4
    Montana 10-3

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by motrain46 View Post
    Remember: All wins are not created equal, neither are all playoff teams

ND opponent record 78-72, 5 winning record teams
    Albany 2-7
    Valparaiso 4-7
    Towson 4-7
    North Dakota 5-6
    UNI 6-6
    Illinois St 4-7
    Missouri St 8-4
    Indiana St 5-6
    SD st 11-3
    Youngstown St 3-7
    South Dakota 7-5
    Southern Illinois 8-5
    East Tenn St 11-2

JMU opponent record 82-73; 9 Winning record teams
    Weber 6-5
    Villa 11-3
    Elon 6-5
    Rhode Island 7-4
    Maine 6-5
    Richmond 6-5
    Will & Mary 6-5
    Delaware 5-6
    Towson 4-7
    New Hamp 3-8
    Campbell 3-8
    SELU 9-4
    Montana 10-3

The reality is that by every measurable rating (Massey, Sagarin, etc.) the strength of the Bison schedule is higher than the JMU schedule. The Bison had 3 wins against playoff teams and 1 loss against a playoff team. JMU had 1 loss against a playoff team. If you want to say Rhode Island should have been in over UNI, than that would still be in favor of NDSU 2 wins against playoff teams to 1. In terms of seeding alone, NDSU should have been above JMU. Now, none of that means that NDSU is the better team or that they will win on Friday. However, in terms of evaluating the season resume for seeding purposes NDSU had a better resume. If JMU would have beaten Nova they would have been above NDSU and would have had homefield. It is what it is.

Says "not all wins are created equal" then proves his point by posting W/L records of opponents. I swear, only a JMU fan...

What you mean to say is "strength of schedule". Of course, you can't say those words because your SoS is less than ours. So you just do some quick math and add up W/L that each team has played.

How about this: Find any and all rating systems that have JMU rated higher than NDSU. Sagarin and Massey are pretty clear about who the better team has been this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Says "not all wins are created equal" then proves his point by posting W/L records of opponents. I swear, only a JMU fan...

What you mean to say is "strength of schedule". Of course, you can't say those words because your SoS is less than ours. So you just do some quick math and add up W/L that each team has played.

How about this: Find any and all rating systems that have JMU rated higher than NDSU. Sagarin and Massey are pretty clear about who the better team has been this year.
    I can save him some time: https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare1aa.htm

Ratings that have JMU ranked higher:
    Dokter Entropy
    Mangels
    Congrove
    STATS Poll
    RT Power
    Coaches Poll
    Reddit Poll

Ratings that have NDSU ranked higher:
    Laz Index
    Fleming
    England
    Sports Theory
    Simmons
    Hensley
    Dolphin
    Round Robin Win %
    Dunchess Inference
    Whitlock
    Kirkpatrick
    Keeper
    Pugh
    Dwiggins
    Ford AMSTS
    Sagarin
    Garber
    Rothman
    Daniel Curry Index
    Born
    Wolfe
    Massey
    Bassett
    Bassett-Stephenson

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Honestly, I would love to go to a game at JMU. Not sure that I'd spend much time in Harrisonburg but it would give me a great excuse to get down to Floyd again, which can be a fun town if you're into bluegrass, weed, and missing teeth. (Seriously, thought, fun town.)
    Insert something clever here...

The one thing I remember from the last time JMU played here, and it’s imprinted in me, was how many times we just about sacked their quarterback, he would scramble, move around, throw a last second pass way downfield and it would be completed.

Here’s to that not happening on Friday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Honestly, I would love to go to a game at JMU. Not sure that I'd spend much time in Harrisonburg but it would give me a great excuse to get down to Floyd again, which can be a fun town if you're into bluegrass, weed, and missing teeth. (Seriously, thought, fun town.)
    And bombard the field with green & gold streamers

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There it is……

Quote Originally Posted by PlainsBison View Post
    The one thing I remember from the last time JMU played here, and it’s imprinted in me, was how many times we just about sacked their quarterback, he would scramble, move around, throw a last second pass way downfield and it would be completed.

Here’s to that not happening on Friday evening.
    Will never forget this sequence (just like in poker the bad beats stay with you);

It's tied at 17 early in the 4th quarter. JMU has a 4th and 19 from the NDSU 33 yard line that they line up to go for since it's too far for a FG and kinda useless to punt. The head linesman standing in front of JMU coach Mike Houston grants him a timeout after the ball is snapped. Everyone keeps playing since no one could hear the whistle amongst the crowd noise and Greg Menard torches their LT for what looked like a drive ending sack. Then we find out the timeout was granted. Houston proceeds to flip out that his QB got hammered on a play that didn't count. After the TO as they line up Bison DE Brad Ambrosius (in a 4 point stance at DE) bobs his head like he's ready to jump the snap. It looks like the LT moves slightly so the same head linesman blows the play dead and calls Ambrosious for being offside (I guess since he claimed his movement caused the LT to jump???) which moves the ball forward 5 yards allowing JMU's kicker to kick a career long (by 10+ yards) FG for a 20-17 lead that they would never relinquish.

The sequence starts at the 1:53:00 mark of this video: https://www.facebook.com/ncaafcsfoot...40521436142520