Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo Podcast: Why are fans staying away from the Dome and ETSU game previ

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo Podcast: Why are fans staying away from the Dome and ETSU game p

Another thing happened. You can basically watch every game on TV now.

Lardsin must go!

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo Podcast: Why are fans staying away from the Dome and ETSU game p

I also believe we have been losing a lot of season ticket holders. My area looks completely new this year and we counted on the same people being by us for for 8 years or so. Every year on my renewal form I asked to move down a few rows and every year they told me no openings just like they told the others around me. New faces kept showing up in the rows in front of us and I think the people around just gave up their season tickets.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

This is not just an athletic problem but an institutional problem. It appears there is no active institution plan across the Foundation, Campus/student recruiting, and athletics to understand different age/demographic groups and tailor experiences for them. My hope is that the next administration makes this a priority and integrates more technology into the engagement.

For example with TM have deeper engagement with ex players, ex coaches and current staff as pointed out. Experiment with an early in Career TM experiences, perhaps on a subscription basis that includes additional content with the Learfield/WDAY contract thru Snap, Instagram and YouTube. The days of TM dues in current form are waning with tickets readily available, even for playoffs. There is a lot of outside attention for entertainment dollars, NDSU needs to invest, execute and deliver on greater TM engagement, content, GameDay experiences, and work with the Dome on modern amenities

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    I also believe we have been losing a lot of season ticket holders. My area looks completely new this year and we counted on the same people being by us for for 8 years or so. Every year on my renewal form I asked to move down a few rows and every year they told me no openings just like they told the others around me. New faces kept showing up in the rows in front of us and I think the people around just gave up their season tickets.
    I also ask every year to get lower, I am getting up there in age and it is quite a journey to get into the double letter section. There is no contingency plan for this situation. I also see entirely new people or empty seats in my section and lower sections of seating frustrating to say the least. And the cost on tickets is getting steep

Would be great for the players to have more fans in the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by OtterTailLakeBison View Post
    This is not just an athletic problem but an institutional problem. It appears there is no active institution plan across the Foundation, Campus/student recruiting, and athletics to understand different age/demographic groups and tailor experiences for them. My hope is that the next administration makes this a priority and integrates more technology into the engagement.

For example with TM have deeper engagement with ex players, ex coaches and current staff as pointed out. Experiment with an early in Career TM experiences, perhaps on a subscription basis that includes additional content with the Learfield/WDAY contract thru Snap, Instagram and YouTube. The days of TM dues in current form are waning with tickets readily available, even for playoffs. There is a lot of outside attention for entertainment dollars, NDSU needs to invest, execute and deliver on greater TM engagement, content, GameDay experiences, and work with the Dome on modern amenities

This, this, absolutely this. NDSU used to be on the cutting edge of marketing/gameday experience up until about 2012, but then they just stopped. Been status quo on everything (or worse) since. I love your ideas on increased engagement. There is literally 0 drive for me to be a teammaker right now living in Dallas. Just waiting on old farmers to come by asking for NDSU to take their money is not a plan for the future.

It is time to figure some shit out at the Fargodome and within Teammakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by OtterTailLakeBison View Post

Give me some examples of game day experiences you want? I go to the game to watch football not for the shirt toss.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    Give me some examples of game day experiences you want? I go to the game to watch football not for the shirt toss.
    WiFi, highlights of other games, beer in the stadium, better concessions, NDSU athletes from other sports sitting around the dome in different seats mingling with fans, band going to different sections of the stadium to play, start some new traditions in the student section, a halftime concert

That’s the best I could do in 30 seconds
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    You gotta keep people engaged. It’s not just about the 5,000 hardcore fans unless you want an empty stadium. I’ll give you an example. I went back for Labor Day, went to the Albany game. I had a blast. My GF fell asleep before halftime. Came back up for my 10 year reunion, tailgated during UNI and then we just went home to watch the game there.

Not every bison fan is as hardcore as us, so trying to keep people like you and me entertained isn’t the point. At some point life comes up and if you’re a dad and your wife and two kids get bored at games now we’re talking about losing hardcore fans.
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    You gotta keep people engaged. It’s not just about the 5,000 hardcore fans unless you want an empty stadium. I’ll give you an example. I went back for Labor Day, went to the Albany game. I had a blast. My GF fell asleep before halftime. Came back up for my 10 year reunion, tailgated during UNI and then we just went home to watch the game there.

Not every bison fan is as hardcore as us, so trying to keep people like you and me entertained isn’t the point. At some point life comes up and if you’re a dad and your wife and two kids get bored at games nowwe’re talking about losing hardcore fans.
    Some of the hardcore fans are getting bored now too.

On the seating, I do think they should offer improved reseating for renewals based on TM points.
    Have been thinking about trying to drop current seats and buy again, but not sure where that would put us.

Feels like other schools handle this better, but maybe its just something NDSU hasn't thought about much.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think we should do like the Cleveland //////NAME REDACTED//////// did back in the seventies.

Ten cent beer night. However to be responsible, as they were, we will have to limit folks to 6 beers per trip through the line.

What could go wrong?