Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kolpack and Izzo Podcast: Why are fans staying away from the Dome and ETSU game previ

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo Podcast: Why are fans staying away from the Dome and ETSU game p

Complacency set in, it's easy to see. Not the fans but the administration. Tickets flew out the door, and still do to an extent with season tickets.

You need to find the edge cases, those other 6000-7000 seats. The students will take 1-2000 but you gotta get the young professionals in. The dome is looking dated (aren't we all). Most of it is baked in but yes, including wi-fi, allowing beer in the stands AND being a little less militant at the tailgate lot would all be extremely easy things that can be done almost with the flip of a few willing switches.

You can open all of the doors for entry and get people in the dome faster, clean up that student line too. So many things that can be done so easily.

Look at all of your professional arenas, they have bands playing on the concourse, entertainment and games and all kinds of stuff IN the stadium. It's not about the game anymore.

I
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Kolpack and Izzo Podcast: Why are fans staying away from the Dome and ETSU game p

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    WiFi, highlights of other games, beer in the stadium, better concessions, NDSU athletes from other sports sitting around the dome in different seats mingling with fans, band going to different sections of the stadium to play, start some new traditions in the student section, a halftime concert

That’s the best I could do in 30 seconds
    When I was in the band we had a small trumpet squad go around the Dome at halftime and play a few rifs. The fans walking around the concourse absolutely loved it, and we loved doing it. Do they still do that?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    When I was in the band we had a small trumpet squad go around the Dome at halftime and play a few rifs. The fans walking around the concourse absolutely loved it, and we loved doing it. Do they still do that?
    I know they do pre-game.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Complacency set in, it's easy to see. Not the fans but the administration. Tickets flew out the door, and still do to an extent with season tickets.

You need to find the edge cases, those other 6000-7000 seats. The students will take 1-2000 but you gotta get the young professionals in. The dome is looking dated (aren't we all). Most of it is baked in but yes, including wi-fi, allowing beer in the stands AND being a little less militant at the tailgate lot would all be extremely easy things that can be done almost with the flip of a few willing switches.

You can open all of the doors for entry and get people in the dome faster, clean up that student line too. So many things that can be done so easily.

Look at all of your professional arenas, they have bands playing on the concourse, entertainment and games and all kinds of stuff IN the stadium. It's not about the game anymore.

I
    We HAVE to do something about retaining the student section past halftime in blowouts. Beer would help. And honestly I think it would be less drunkenness than we currently have: There's only so drunk you can get on bud light in a couple hours. But sneaking in a flask encourages people to bring in the strongest booze possible like 151 rum or even everclear.

Honestly maybe even offering class credit in some way for attendance, make it like a social studies grade?

A great gameday experience is part of what should be drawing in students.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I won't take my young family to anymore games if they allow beer. I've been to too many concerts in the Fargodome already. No way would I want to stand in an extra long bathroom line with a 6 year old and a bunch of drunks.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    I know they do pre-game.
    Sigurd should organize a few more groups like that. A sax mini jazz band, maybe a big old sousaphone squad. Put an 8 man band in every corner of the building both pregame and at half, and after the fourth quarter.

We HAVE to do something about retaining the student section past halftime in blowouts. Beer would help. And honestly I think it would be less drunkenness than we currently have: There's only so drunk you can get on bud light in a couple hours. But sneaking in a flask encourages people to bring in the strongest booze possible like 151 rum or even everclear.

Honestly maybe even offering class credit in some way for attendance, make it like a social studies grade?

Just lightening up in general for everyone. Montana lets you pass in and out of the stadium to go back and tailgate at halftime. Every FBS stadium I have been to allows tailgating all day.

The Fargo Temperance Society can't get out of their own way.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To me, it all starts with getting more students at games.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Just lightening up in general for everyone. Montana lets you pass in and out of the stadium to go back and tailgate at halftime. Every FBS stadium I have been to allows tailgating all day.

The Fargo Temperance Society can't get out of their own way.
    But somebody might have a pocket knife with a 1 inch blade.

Lardsin must go!

1. Selling beer might get some upperclassmen to come. I would bet they would still leave early but who knows. Not like the dome would let them bring it into the student section.

2. Social studies credit for going to football games? What?

3. I dont think kids leaving at halftime is an issue that NEEDS to be fixed. It happened even back before the Bison were winning nattys. A big chunk are going to leave. Just get more to come in the first place so when 30-50% of them leave, there is still a decent number left.

Hopefully they figure something out
    College of Business Alumnus