Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: GDT at Montana State

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: GDT at Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I've said it plenty of times before but we get out what we put in to the men's basketball program. I'm fed up with Richman too but he makes less than than the head coaches at SDSU and USD even they've been there for a shorter amount of time and been D1 head coaches for a shorter amount of time. If a coaching change would happen it would be nice if NDSU opens up the checkbook a bit more but I won't hold my breath.

ndsu must be saving up for fbs

Lardsin must go!

I turned off the game last night at halftime, just like several other games this year. I hate doing that due to liking the players we have. Nice to see Sam back last night. But I know in the end that DR will not make the adjustments needed and or realize his game plan coming is was no good. To the other teams we play do the following and you will win:
    1) drive to the bucket (beat the guy guarding you since we do not have good help defense)
    2) crash the offensive rebounds. (we do not box out and allow wings to cut in to get a rebound)
    3) pressure the ball on defense (we like to turn it over for any reason)
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

College basketball is about guard play. We have 0 at the position. Sam's our best guard and should be playing off ball. It's not a pleasant product to watch right now and I turned it off at halftime as well. I like the players we have as well, but it's just a poorly constructed team and we don't have a staff that can bring out the strengths it does have.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I've said it plenty of times before but we get out what we put in to the men's basketball program. I'm fed up with Richman too but he makes less than than the head coaches at SDSU and USD even they've been there for a shorter amount of time and been D1 head coaches for a shorter amount of time. If a coaching change would happen it would be nice if NDSU opens up the checkbook a bit more but I won't hold my breath.
    I get your point here but at the same time I’ve seen really good teams and coaching on our budget. I don’t think there is any excuse for an offense as pathetic as NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I turned off the game last night at halftime, just like several other games this year. I hate doing that due to liking the players we have. Nice to see Sam back last night. But I know in the end that DR will not make the adjustments needed and or realize his game plan coming is was no good. To the other teams we play do the following and you will win:
    1) drive to the bucket (beat the guy guarding you since we do not have good help defense)
    2) crash the offensive rebounds. (we do not box out and allow wings to cut in to get a rebound)
    3) pressure the ball on defense (we like to turn it over for any reason)
    So the other teams just need to play basic fundamental basketball. Agreed.

Geez guys, it's just one game. After another, and another, and another, so on and so forth, ad nauseam, et cetera, ad infinitum.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Why would I compare NDSU mbb to football? We have the basketball version of Bubba Schweigert coaching this team. It is what it is sadly.
    LMFAO

Dave talks a better game than what he produces----when will that get old with administration???

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    You're absolutely right. It really is. Even a layman like me can see it. I know the Richman defenders will highlight that he's a professional coach and what do we know. But you'd think Richman himself would at some point observe that the Richman way isn't working and try to make some changes in how he does things. He seems utterly unlearnable and inflexible. Maximum self-unawareness. It is really odd.
    I've learned in the RICHMAN YEARS that its Daves way or the highway for everyone involved---HE WILL NOT CHANGE....think one of the most stubborn coaches ive watched in any sport

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    no wahpeton sucks at BB , but his daddy was ndscs coach so he got a free spot there.
    then he's been an asst at ndsu & lucked out by miles, then Saul got big time jobs. (but neither of them took asst Dave).hmmm
    Good point!! You usually want to bring with your best assistants

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU2006 View Post
    College basketball is about guard play. We have 0 at the position. Sam's our best guard and should be playing off ball. It's not a pleasant product to watch right now and I turned it off at halftime as well. I like the players we have as well, but it's just a poorly constructed team and we don't have a staff that can bring out the strengths it does have.
    Yep, we have no Woodside, Lawrence or Vinny to set the table. Too bad because we maybe have the best set of bigs we have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    It doesn't matter. Unless the money has been set aside for the entrance fee to an FBS conference, pay it off. Whatever it is. When you've bought a ton of meth, and then you realize that this isn't good for you, you don't keep injecting it because its paid for. You throw it out. Sunk costs... ignore them and do what needs to be done.
    https://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...20in%202019-20.

is his contract really up April '22??????

or did we give him another extension i haven't found