Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Playoffs, Quarterfinals: ETSU Preview

Default Re: 2021 Playoffs, Quarterfinals: ETSU Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    They did have a record crowd of 10,000 for one game this year which is probably above average for FCS teams. https://www.etsubucs.com/football/ne...-record-crowd/

I'm not sure how many fans from that part of the country are excited to visit North Dakota in December.
    I thought their gameday atmosphere looked very good on TV in the second round. Packed stands, rowdy crowd. Happy to see a team come into Fargo with a fanbase that gives a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I thought their gameday atmosphere looked very good on TV in the second round. Packed stands, rowdy crowd. Happy to see a team come into Fargo with a fanbase that gives a damn.
    Totally agree- games are waaaay more fun with opposing fan bases that are invested in the success of their team...

Am I still allowed to say that? or has that thought been deemed "undesirable" as well?
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    Agree. Rest up Watson this game. Don't need him reinjuring it and missing semis even if questionable.

Their rbs are dudes, but ndsu will handle em.

Flip side, pound them into submission just like last week.

Question. Where is Dom Gonella at on his rehab?
    Said on the chat last night Dom was in a boot Saturday
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...81131672862721

Interesting choice given the opponent. Guessing being on the mothership has something to do with it. It's a sharp look after all

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Totally agree- games are waaaay more fun with opposing fan bases that are invested in the success of their team...

Am I still allowed to say that? or has that thought been deemed "undesirable" as well?
    Reading their board a bit it is interesting when a team pops up in the playoffs even with an engaged fanbase they seem to know very little about NDSU. Either their FCS interest is so new or locally focused, they know very little about the train rolling down the tracks they're excited to be on.

Fans of FCS teams that don't consistently make the playoffs really don't follow the season after their teams are done for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    https://twitter.com/McFeely_Inforum/...81131672862721

Interesting choice given the opponent. Guessing being on the mothership has something to do with it. It's a sharp look after all
    Too bad they didn't go full banana.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    New Team in the Dome, especially in the playoffs.... I be like:

Add in the yellow jerseys and harvest helmets....

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Add in the yellow jerseys and harvest helmets....

We can only hope they roll into town wearing their surrender whites.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

With any new team coming in it’s hard to know what to expect. If NDSU and the fans bring the A game, I expect a comfortable margin. But I expect ETSU to come in with a nothing to lose attitude and some confidence having beat Vanderbilt and with last weekend’s cardiac comeback. Say what you want about Vanderbilt but any FCS team knocking off an SEC program deserves some respect. And they can build off last weeks win as a sign of destiny. A chip and a chair, they have both. Take nothing for granted which I don’t think the team or coaches will do. I expect a somewhat close game at half due to limited possessions as both teams look to operate methodically on offense with NDSU pulling away in the second half as the o-line grinds on their undersized d-line.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    With any new team coming in it’s hard to know what to expect. If NDSU and the fans bring the A game, I expect a comfortable margin. But I expect ETSU to come in with a nothing to lose attitude and some confidence having beat Vanderbilt and with last weekend’s cardiac comeback. Say what you want about Vanderbilt but any FCS team knocking off an SEC program deserves some respect. And they can build off last weeks win as a sign of destiny. A chip and a chair, they have both. Take nothing for granted which I don’t think the team or coaches will do. I expect a somewhat close game at half due to limited possessions as both teams look to operate methodically on offense with NDSU pulling away in the second half as the o-line grinds on their undersized d-line.
    Their more conservative slower paced offense should help things from getting out of hand quickly.