Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Playoffs, Quarterfinals: ETSU Preview

Default Re: 2021 Playoffs, Quarterfinals: ETSU Preview

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not surprised, going to be another slaughter.
    Might be, but we’ve had playoff games in the past that were way to close for comfort against teams we were heavily favored over.

Also, nee opponents bring new are fun. As a player, there is always a wrinkle that you don’t see/pick up on film. Nuance things, like how they block, play-action look, etc. You think you know what your seeing, but then it’s different in the actual game.

Looking forward to this one actually. If it is a blowout, so be it I guess, but still gonna be fun IMO.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Might be, but we’ve had playoff games in the past that were way to close for comfort against teams we were heavily favored over.

Also, nee opponents bring new are fun. As a player, there is always a wrinkle that you don’t see/pick up on film. Nuance things, like how they block, play-action look, etc. You think you know what your seeing, but then it’s different in the actual game.

Looking forward to this one actually. If it is a blowout, so be it I guess, but still gonna be fun IMO.
    If I were them I'd try screen us to death and run lots of play action. They looked better run blocking than pass blocking in the games I watched. Thoughts?

Nicolls with trey lance was 1 of them...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Just imagine how excited those kids playing for ETSU must be. Probably their families and fans too. I think it is really fun to see new teams come in. I hope they bring lots of fans and that you all entertain them well at the tailgate. Make it memorable!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Yeah, I don't care if it's a blowout. I love seeing new teams. One of the best parts of the playoffs!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah, I don't care if it's a blowout. I love seeing new teams. One of the best parts of the playoffs!
    I love seeing new teams in the playoffs. I love blowouts (that favor the Bison). So if the Bison blow out a new team in the playoffs I'll be happy as a puppy with two peckers.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I love seeing new teams in the playoffs. I love blowouts (that favor the Bison). So if the Bison blow out a new team in the playoffs I'll be happy as a puppy with two peckers.
    Me too except maybe that last part........can't say I've ever seen a puppy with two peckers so not sure if he's happy or confused.

Entz says in his presser that Watson's ability to get back out there with his bad hamstring is a "pain tolerance thing"... seems kind of counter-intuitive to a typical soft tissue injury. Usually it seems like with those injuries coaches/trainers have to save the player from themselves by holding them out rather than risk reaggravating the injury.

He also says Gindorff is having surgery on Wednesday and that he "doesn't know if he'll be playing for NDSU again this year but he doesn't think he's done playing". Guessing he's done for the season but not sure if that means he's re-evaluating whether he'll use his COVID year and come back in '22 or if he means he'll be playing in the pros after this???

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...48541050068998
    https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...48589351591936
    https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...47625097965579

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Entz says in his presser that Watson's ability to get back out there with his bad hamstring is a "pain tolerance thing"... seems kind of counter-intuitive to a typical soft tissue injury. Usually it seems like with those injuries coaches/trainers have to save the player from themselves by holding them out rather than risk reaggravating the injury.
    Well, I don't agree with that... you just can't run flat out on a bad hamstring because the muscle is damaged.

They did have a record crowd of 10,000 for one game this year which is probably above average for FCS teams. https://www.etsubucs.com/football/ne...-record-crowd/

I'm not sure how many fans from that part of the country are excited to visit North Dakota in December.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Just imagine how excited those kids playing for ETSU must be. Probably their families and fans too. I think it is really fun to see new teams come in. I hope they bring lots of fans and that you all entertain them well at the tailgate. Make it memorable!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.