Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Our O-line is looking like an NDSU line the last few weeks. Credit to Roehl for play calling. Hope the guys get healthy for the semis.
    We have simplified things in our base run game, and got out of Oline’s way a bit.

That said, if we can get healthy, or maybe even if we don’t, this team is a solid Natty contender. Complete domination today.

Looking forward to hosting a new team to the Dome next weekend. Hope we can get more people there.

What is game day/times for us and other games?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    Agree with everything you said. I do think that, at some point, Cam is going to need to throw the ball to win. I think/hope he's up to it, but I haven't quite seen it yet. It'll help to have Watson back.
    So the Missouri St game wasn't enough?

62 runs
    41 to backs
    20 by QBs
    1 by a WR

14 passes
    389 yards rushing

37 min of of TOP

Great in the rezone and on 3rd downs

Seems like a perfect mix to me and the QB runs work perfectly if it's used like we did with Brock Jensen. Plus we sent the running backs on passing routes

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    We have simplified things in our base run game, and got out of Oline’s way a bit.

That said, if we can get healthy, or maybe even if we don’t, this team is a solid Natty contender. Complete domination today.

Looking forward to hosting a new team to the Dome next weekend. Hope we can get more people there.

What is game day/times for us and other games?
    Was a bit weird to see the o line not really firing off the ball but letting the d line a bit upfield and just turning and sealing guys off. Back just needed to pick the side with a yellow ass and go. Bro effective today

I have no problems with the QB runs when they are working. But earlier this year with QP under center the QB runs were struggling yet we still insisted on trying them. QB runs are doing ok now with Miller since the teams are not sitting 8 defenders in the box against us.
    Even with Watson out for this game, the passing was actually very good. Sure, we only had around 90 yards, but we didn't need to do anything but run the ball today. Miller was money today. Williams is the man. The whole team is clicking on all cylinders.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I have no problems with the QB runs when they are working. But earlier this year with QP under center the QB runs were struggling yet we still insisted on trying them. QB runs are doing ok now with Miller since the teams are not sitting 8 defenders in the box against us.
    Even with Watson out for this game, the passing was actually very good. Sure, we only had around 90 yards, but we didn't need to do anything but run the ball today. Miller was money today. Williams is the man. The whole team is clicking on all cylinders.
    Problem with the qb runs is we’re calling them whether they’re working or not.

And in incredibly predictable fashion.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Was a bit weird to see the o line not really firing off the ball but letting the d line a bit upfield and just turning and sealing guys off. Back just needed to pick the side with a yellow ass and go. Bro effective today
    Yeah, we ran both zone and gap schemes today. Williams with his vision and feel may be better running with zone.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    6 different receivers too I believe.
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Love how Williams was patient for his time all year and then when it was his time he stepped in and showed that he is the best back in the room.

Loved wearing out their defense and then hit them with qp power. I think the qb run game is deadly when used in a timely manner. And as stated by someone earlier qp will hit watson on a bomb.

They didn't want anything to do with our power run and was awesome to watch. Liked how we smashed them in the mouth, didn't cock off, just lined up and did it again and again. Was all business today.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    Love how Williams was patient for his time all year and then when it was his time he stepped in and showed that he is the best back in the room.

Loved wearing out their defense and then hit them with qp power. I think the qb run game is deadly when used in a timely manner. And as stated by someone earlier qp will hit watson on a bomb.

They didn't want anything to do with our power run and was awesome to watch. Liked how we smashed them in the mouth, didn't cock off, just lined up and did it again and again. Was all business today.
    Only disagreement I have is Weber was talking a lot today. Waving goodbye to the opposing crowd section. A bit too close to taunting for me. He may get penalized in the future.