Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Not sure how the second one wasn't in, only thing still outside of the goal line was legs/feet when dust settled... first one I think a knee may have gone down but never got a good view at the dome.

The second one I'm sure there absolutely was no view that showed where the ball was to justify replay overturning the field call but he would had to had it between his knees not to have crossed the plane with the ball. Unless again his knee went down but it didn't seem like he fell or position that one would have hit since he basically rode the oline into the end zone.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I only saw one of them and I thought live he got in but the replay showed his knee may have been down about the time the ball crossed. As you saw on the sideline camera the wings have no idea where the ball is. They busy in as soon as they can and the ball will be spotted where it is at that time. I noticed by the time they found him he was out of the end zone. The flaw with that process is someone who was short could scoot in and get a score. That's why it's important for the umpire to get to him ASAP and make him stay put into the wings can get there. Cameras can sometimes help even if they don't have the best angle. The one I saw I expected then to say stands because it just wasn't obvious enough. First down dives are similarly hard.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

From what I could see high up in end zone #3 was jawing at the 2nd official and not even looking to the sidelines when he was flagged.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    he wasn't waving at opposing team section because i was by them.

when #3 was having his melt down he was waving at ndsu student section egging them on. which is fine.

Weber is an awesome trash talker, so is Price. They are fun and engaging. embrace them, it's refreshing to see some emotion out there
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    TV looked short but also couldn't tell where ball was
    Can ESPN NOT get a camera right on the goal line? WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    From what I could see high up in end zone #3 was jawing at the 2nd official and not even looking to the sidelines when he was flagged.
    Yep he went to one official to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I would like to see them get those hat cams on all the officiating crew like they had on the umpire in the B1G Championship last night. That was very cool plus it gives you some insight into what the official sees.

Here is a little postgame commentary by Southern Illinois media

https://thesouthern.com/sports/siu-f...1cf9595ae.html

NDSU was a machine out there. And they finished the game without three NFL prospects. That's what good coaching and focused players looks like.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    he wasn't waving at opposing team section because i was by them.

when #3 was having his melt down he was waving at ndsu student section egging them on. which is fine.

Weber is an awesome trash talker, so is Price. They are fun and engaging. embrace them, it's refreshing to see some emotion out there
    He was, I saw it. Also at the end of the game the DBS were doing a dance circle and he was still waving goodbye to their fans. He's on the edge of getting pelletized. I have no issue with playing confident but you cannot draw a 15 that keeps the other offense on the field. Period

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    A goal line camera would do no good on these plays because of the bodies in the way. Often the wings don't rule until they get to the pile and find the ball.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A goal line camera would do no good on these plays because of the bodies in the way. Often the wings don't rule until they get to the pile and find the ball.

So on the play in question someone ripped the ball out after play was over. They got there and a defender handed it to them.... Lol I think they just spotted it in the same spot after that