Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SIU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Anyone hear an initial prognosis for Gindorff? I heard a rumor that it was a fractured fibula plus ligament damage. Really hoping that's not accurate since that would destroy any pre-draft workout plans he had in the spring. Even if it's not that it seems unlikely he plays again this season with as gingerly as he came off the field. Wonder if the severity of the injury might change his decision on using his free COVID year and coming back next year?

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was surprised it took so long for the refs to throw the flag at 3. Even worse their coach looked like he was questioning the refs on why they thought that was unsportsmanlike. Sometimes you can learn a year's worth of information in seconds.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quincy's best shot for the NFL is not going to be quarterback. However, he could be a real option in other positions. Will he realize it in time?

How about Cam's touchdown that never happened. The watched the reply and still said he didn't get in on the qb sneak. At the game it looked like he was wayyy in.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    How about Cam's touchdown that never happened. The watched the reply and still said he didn't get in on the qb sneak. At the game it looked like he was wayyy in.
    TV looked short but also couldn't tell where ball was

I was surprised it took so long for the refs to throw the flag at 3. Even worse their coach looked like he was questioning the refs on why they thought that was unsportsmanlike. Sometimes you can learn a year's worth of information in seconds.
    I'd say they try to restrain their inclination to throw the flag in heat of moment when guy is first venting. The ref leading him away was the one that ended up throwing it. I had kind of turned my attention away when he started back towards sidelines. But bison players reaction and making gestures to the student section wondered if he said or gestured something their direction.

Regarding the coach I think he was arguing more why no dpi. That said playoff football these refs let them play a bit. SIU got a bit chippy but they reigned it in.

Where were these refs from?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I'd say they try to restrain their inclination to throw the flag in heat of moment when guy is first venting. The ref leading him away was the one that ended up throwing it. I had kind of turned my attention away when he started back towards sidelines. But bison players reaction and making gestures to the student section wondered if he said or gestured something their direction.

Regarding the coach I think he was arguing more why no dpi. That said playoff football these refs let them play a bit. SIU got a bit chippy but they reigned it in.

Where were these refs from?

Big Sky IIRC
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure how the second one wasn't in, only thing still outside of the goal line was legs/feet when dust settled... first one I think a knee may have gone down but never got a good view at the dome.

The second one I'm sure there absolutely was no view that showed where the ball was to justify replay overturning the field call but he would had to had it between his knees not to have crossed the plane with the ball. Unless again his knee went down but it didn't seem like he fell or position that one would have hit since he basically rode the oline into the end zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Only disagreement I have is Weber was talking a lot today. Waving goodbye to the opposing crowd section. A bit too close to taunting for me. He may get penalized in the future.
    he wasn't waving at opposing team section because i was by them.

when #3 was having his melt down he was waving at ndsu student section egging them on. which is fine.

Weber is an awesome trash talker, so is Price. They are fun and engaging. embrace them, it's refreshing to see some emotion out there
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They gave him a very long leash. The wing official from his sideline tried to walk him off and calm him down. He must have used some magic words to draw the flag. You understand initially why he thought it was DPI and understand he's frustrating by getting his but kicked. It usually turns into a foul when you make it personal or question integrity. "You missed that one" (his opinion) is different than "you guys are cheating us" (intentionally making making wrong calls).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk