Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: Round 2 Games

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Round 2 Games

Based on everything I heard and discussed, this wasn't directly addressed in the rules so the crew was technically correct by not flagging it on Saturday. But the powers that be agree that going forward this should be considered an unfair act and penalize the player 15-yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. We received a bulletin today with two different scenarios, and this was one of them. Good job SDSU. You got the attention of the highest levels of college officiating and generated a "clarification" of a rule enforcement.

The other one was a fake slide by the Pitt QB in the ACC Championship game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3kkdtMKb94&t=20s

There was no rule addressing a fake slide, and I honestly think this is very hard to do successfully. Kudos to him for pulling it off. This crew actually got word DURING the game that if this were to happen again to rule it down. It had never been considered or addressed previously. The coaches were notified of this decision as well. This is the first time I've heard of a similar rule clarification during a game.

Glad to see that the fake slide was addressed so promptly. Creates a dangerous situation if that was left unaddressed.

I’ve got no opinion on the SDSU play one way or the other.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Now if they’d just do something about SDSU’s 12th man.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Based on everything I heard and discussed, this wasn't directly addressed in the rules so the crew was technically correct by not flagging it on Saturday. But the powers that be agree that going forward this should be considered an unfair act and penalize the player 15-yards for unsportsmanlike conduct. We received a bulletin today with two different scenarios, and this was one of them. Good job SDSU. You got the attention of the highest levels of college officiating and generated a "clarification" of a rule enforcement.

The other one was a fake slide by the Pitt QB in the ACC Championship game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3kkdtMKb94&t=20s

There was no rule addressing a fake slide, and I honestly think this is very hard to do successfully. Kudos to him for pulling it off. This crew actually got word DURING the game that if this were to happen again to rule it down. It had never been considered or addressed previously. The coaches were notified of this decision as well. This is the first time I've heard of a similar rule clarification during a game.
    Hey HAMMERSMITH!!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Hey HAMMERSMITH!!
    They valley will never get 6 teams in the playoffs.

Lardsin must go!