Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Round 2 Games

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Round 2 Games

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I don’t think Sac State was overly “tricked”, cuz they solid contact on RB at LOS.

That said, I thought from what Indy told us on the UND play against us that what SDSU did should have been a penalty.

INDY????
    I thought Indy had said as long as the players on the LOS don't turn to the sideline than the play is legal, and QB is the only one who looked to the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    So the FCS basically is a four team league maybe 5 with EWU. Otherwise its Montanas and the Dakotas for the next decade in Frisco every year.
    YEP. The FCS is becoming more deluted with the 3 teams leaving after this year...I would love to see some realignment of college teams that would involve SDSU/NDSU/ maybe Montana Teams too...
    Unfortunately its all about $$$national sports media dishing out the MONEY to the schools..... I hate it, but its reality.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    YEP. The FCS is becoming more deluted with the 3 teams leaving after this year...I would love to see some realignment of college teams that would involve SDSU/NDSU/ maybe Montana Teams too...
    Unfortunately its all about $$$national sports media dishing out the MONEY to the schools..... I hate it, but its reality.
    JSU didn't even make the playoffs, and there are some up and coming teams like IWU in the SLC/WAC that almost knocked off Sam Houston.
    Villanova beat purple this year too.

Over the next few years I think it will be a wash. There will be new teams that rise up and get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    Haven’t you read this forum lately? NDSU doesn’t need partners to move up……. NCC 2.0 is stupid……. The FBS or bust guys still think we can break out of the Valley on our own and be just fine. CUSA north is a long shot but is the best bet for our FBS prospects

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I thought Indy had said as long as the players on the LOS don't turn to the sideline than the play is legal, and QB is the only one who looked to the sideline.
    I think it was as long as all players other than 1 in motion come to a complete stop for 1 second. QB is in motion in SDSU play. Thought there was a rule that made this illegal where QB gesturing and walking towards sidelines to try to emulate that a snap was not imminent. The dead give away is none of the other offensive players were moving. As a defender you had to know something was still coming. Wonder what was the trigger for the snap count must of been play clock?

The UND one was suspect as not sure they got to a full stop for all players for 1 second prior to snap.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I have held off replying on the SDSU play because I'm seeing conflicting information on one of the officiating boards about it. It was brought up there and I was surprised by the answer. The UND version of it was definitely legal, but I'm pretty sure the fact he was demonstratively showing frustration with something that this isn't legal. I did confirm in the HS rule book there is a specific wording for "wrong ball" being a foul. I thought there was similar language in the NCAA rule book, but I'm apparently wrong with that. I'm still pretty sure I've heard this discussed at clinics or study group meetings though that this is only legal if the QB is not indicating any issues with the sideline. I've asked for clarification and will share it here when I hear it. It may be one of those "not specifically covered in the rule book but obviously illegal."

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Should have been obvious that was going to happen. At least me vegging out on the couch saw it coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The LBs on the left side weren't fooled, but the ones on the right were fooled or caught off guard.

Seriously though.... just F8cking IMAGINE needing a trick play to beat sacremento state lololololololoolololbahahahahahaBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The LBs on the left side weren't fooled, but the ones on the right were fooled or caught off guard.

Seriously though.... just F8cking IMAGINE needing a trick play to beat sacremento state lololololololoolololbahahahahahaBAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAH
    I don't think anyone on the defense was fooled. They all looked ready when the ball was snapped. Doesn't mean it should be legal.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I don't think anyone on the defense was fooled. They all looked ready when the ball was snapped. Doesn't mean it should be legal.
    Flag the sideline for unsportsmanlike conduct

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    None of the defense was fooled, the LBers were pointing to the back the whole time and I bet they were saying it's going to be a direct snap to the back. They were all ready for it, just didn't make the play.

The jacks wasting time on this should at least come up with a better gimmick.