Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 Games

Default Re: Round 1 Games

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Serious question here, what happens if two playoff teams slated to play each other do not place a bid to host and neither one wants to host the game????? Lets say for fear of actually losing money to host it, such as a school that only draws around 2K or less in attendance. Does the NCAA actually force one of them to host the game?
    I don't know this for certain, but the following seems logical:

Bids for the entire playoff(all rounds) are received prior to selection Sunday. While the bids aren't opened prior to setting the pairings, you could assume that who submitted bids would be known. So the selection committee would know which teams not to pair together if more than one team did not submit bids.

Plus the minimum bids are low enough that most schools should be able to meet them. At a $30k minimum for the first round, 2000 tickets at $15 each would do it. Lowest first round attendance this year was 2764 at Kennesaw.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Says who? I thought Davidson had a great chance at running the table
    Neither does the Summit champ in the Basketball tournament but they let them in every year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sam Herder
    @SamHerderFCS
    #FCSPlayoffs first round attendance at home sites:

Mo State - 5,072
    Holy Cross - 4,163
    SLU - 4,125
    EWU - 3,845
    SDSU - 3,681
    USD - 3,597
    UIW - 3,448
    Kennesaw - 2,764

I'd hate their attendance if they weren't playing for national championships. SDSU would be lucky to get 1,000 people to one of those crappy, meaningless NY6 bowls.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 11-29-2021 at 12:54 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Sam Herder
    @SamHerderFCS
    #FCSPlayoffs first round attendance at home sites:

Mo State - 5,072
    Holy Cross - 4,163
    SLU - 4,125
    EWU - 3,845
    SDSU - 3,681
    USD - 3,597
    UIW - 3,448
    Kennesaw - 2,764

I'd hate their attendance if they weren't playing for national championships. SDSU would be lucky to get 1,000 people to one of those crappy, meaningless NY6 bowls.
    Anybody wondering why the NCAA takes over 90% of the ticket revenue from NDSU playoff games... it's to pay for the travel for these broke ass teams to fly to another broke ass team to play -- NDSU, the Montana Schools and JMU basically underwrite the playoffs.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

EWU spared you from having to face UNI again!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    EWU spared you from having to face UNI again!
    I turned off your game after you put in the backup QB. UNI lacks an offense. Has for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Anybody wondering why the NCAA takes over 90% of the ticket revenue from NDSU playoff games... it's to pay for the travel for these broke ass teams to fly to another broke ass team to play -- NDSU, the Montana Schools and JMU basically underwrite the playoffs.
    Would you really expect teams to keep all of the ticket revenue or have teams pay their own expenses to travel for playoff games?
    It's OK to not be OK.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I turned off your game after you put in the backup QB. UNI lacks an offense. Has for a decade.
    UNI was down 10, but it felt like they trailed by 50. Really not sure why they were in the playoff at 6-5. Add a other Socon, heck put another Pioneer in, don’t make us watch UNI not have an ounce of offense for the 20th year in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    UNI was down 10, but it felt like they trailed by 50. Really not sure why they were in the playoff at 6-5. Add a other Socon, heck put another Pioneer in, don’t make us watch UNI not have an ounce of offense for the 20th year in a row.
    meh, the 6th best team in the MVFC lost to the best team in the Big Sky on the road.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    meh, the 6th best team in the MVFC lost to the best team in the Big Sky on the road.
    UNI doesn’t want home games, they looked like they had no desire or motivation. Give me a bad team that wants to be there any day over that. If I’m a UNI fan (and I’m not), Farley clearly needs to go.