Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Round 1 Games

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Round 1 Games

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    UNI was down 10, but it felt like they trailed by 50. Really not sure why they were in the playoff at 6-5. Add a other Socon, heck put another Pioneer in, don’t make us watch UNI not have an ounce of offense for the 20th year in a row.
    Yeah, let’s send an inferior team from the Pioneer or wherever out to Cheney only to get beat 52-14!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Wait was FAMU an at large selection?
    They have a better marching band
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    They review every play regardless of whether or not it's stopped. I assume there were other angles but if not neither of these angles are likely to give them enough to overturn. They may have known that and had no reason to stop it or maybe they saw something confirming the ruling on the field. I only watched it on my phone and couldn't slow it down. The covering official is in position and has s clear view so he just have seen something clearly to rule him short.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I suspect it was a touchdown but they didn't have the needed angle to overturn it. I question if the goal line official on the right side could actually see the ball. The ball carrier rolled to his right as he was tackled and I think his body shielded the ball from that official. The official could clearly see the knee go down short of the goal, but I suspect the ball crossed the plane simultaneously(but only just). But without a goal line camera angle from the left side, there's no way to know for certain.

Wally the Bronco doing some fine YouTube thumbnail work

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    I suspect it was a touchdown but they didn't have the needed angle to overturn it. I question if the goal line official on the right side could actually see the ball. The ball carrier rolled to his right as he was tackled and I think his body shielded the ball from that official. The official could clearly see the knee go down short of the goal, but I suspect the ball crossed the plane simultaneously(but only just). But without a goal line camera angle from the left side, there's no way to know for certain.
    Just like 11 years ago when they didn't have the camera angle to overturn the crap call on Brock. Seems Roos field is not only ugly, but a D2 piece of crap.