Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Future for bison

Default Re: Future for bison

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    As some of you geniuses didn't read, this wasn't a post about going FBS. It was about the watering down of FCS.
    Yeah this will likely be the last good year of the playoffs and eventually it will be half Missouri Valley and Big Sky teams

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by pantherhawkrolling View Post
    Nobody asked me, but I'm doing the rounds before the FCS playoffs today and it's a free country, so I'll give my unsolicited opinion. I would likely be a bad mistake for NDSU to go to FBS. Sure, maybe it could go the Boise State route, but so often it goes the Idaho route. NDSU's success is based upon 1) being a non-directional university and all that comes with it in a subdivision of largely directional universities, in other words being a big fish in a small pond and 2) tradition, and all that means with recruiting, attitude, and the types of coaches you attract. #2 comes with winning. Sure, you could join the Sun Belt of the Mid-American and win like you are now, but that is worse than the FCS since you get a rather meaningless conference title and minor bowl, rather than a shot at the national title. I'm not saying you would not win at a better conference, but honestly I think the quaity of NDSU football would degrade. Right now you are the best of the second-best, that all goes away in FBS. Also, I come on this board and people think the sky is falling and talking changes when they are riding a 13 game winning-streak and tied at the half with a ranked team. I can only imagine what a two game losing streak and no titles would do.
    How many Second best(actually third best) titles do we have to win before no one cares? 13 of 15- 18 of 20? Id rather lose two exciting FBS games back to back then lose two games in the next 5 years with an average margin of victory of 35
    points...

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    True, but the Sun Belt won't add NDSU. Our only realistic options are MWC or MAC.
    MWC would be perfect, MAC is sort of a lateral move, but maybe we could schedule better OOC games.
    How is the MWC perfect? Forget bus trips, there isn't even another school in our time zone. Our athletic budget is ~$24M, theirs are $40-50M. Tell me how we double our budget before dreaming of grandeur.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    How is the MWC perfect? Forget bus trips, there isn't even another school in our time zone. Our athletic budget is ~$24M, theirs are $40-50M. Tell me how we double our budget before dreaming of grandeur.
    We have a forum full of boomers who are statistically hoarding a disproportionate amount of the nations wealth.

We seize that and we can probably join the big 10/12.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I swore I was done discussing this, but I've got to ask, what FBS conference are you will to accept and get us into? You don't like the MWC, you don't like the CUSA, and you don't seem to like the MAC. There's nothing else left, that only leaves................FCS FOREVER It's embarrassing how you shoot down every suggestion made.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    I swore I was done discussing this, but I've got to ask, what FBS conference are you will to accept and get us into? You don't like the MWC, you don't like the CUSA, and you don't seem to like the MAC. There's nothing else left, that only leaves................FCS FOREVER It's embarrassing how you shoot down every suggestion made.
    Stop acting like this is a choice.

No FBS conference wants NDSU. This is like Mankato State saying why does everyone think we're DII forever.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    The minimum requirements for a successful jump are an invite, money, and regional partners. We have none of those, and you FBS or bust crowd have never explained how we get any of them. Sorry if reality doesn't stroke your ego.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Well on the Kevin and cas podcast they just called them all bitches.*
    Last edited by scottietohottie; 11-28-2021 at 02:35 PM. Reason: This is in response to the Salukis and yotes being called the same thing yesterday. Not sure how it ended up here.

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Matt Larsen's stance on the fbs move is the same one he uses on the playoff committee. If anyone mentions ndsu and fbs he leaves the room.

Lardsin must go!

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Of course costs would go up some for additional scholarships and travel, but so would revenues. A lot of what pushes teams to FBS is the additional revenues. Conference media deal, guarantee games, sponsorships, etc all go up.

A lot of schools hire consultants to crunch the numbers, but nearly all studies done show FBS is better financially than FCS. That might not be true in CUSA with their crap media deal, but is with every other conference. NDSU could do one of these "feasibility" studies if needed.

I don't believe we would need to double our budget to be competitive. We beat FBS teams now when they will play us. Imagine how good the Bison could be with the same system, additional scholarships and the FBS label for recruiting.