Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Future for bison

Default Re: Future for bison

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    As some of you geniuses didn't read, this wasn't a post about going FBS. It was about the watering down of FCS.
    Which also was part of the other threads..

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    which also was part of the other threads..

Sent from my pixel 3a xl on a bullet train from hillsboro.
    b-11.............bingo.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    As some of you geniuses didn't read, this wasn't a post about going FBS. It was about the watering down of FCS.
    Oh ok, that’s why you titled it “Future for Bison” lol come on
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, some good teams have left, but new ones will replace them.

Sam Houston and JMU were not that strong back when App St left.
    Over 10 years, we have lost around 12 schools, but if you filter out the schools that weren't making it past the quarterfinals, the list shrinks a lot.
    This year it just felt a little more dramatic because two schools that can make it to the semis or beyond left at once.
    We still have other contenders like Montana, Montana St, EWU, SDSU and the MVFC, and schools like Kennesaw emerging.

Sam Herder addressed this question pretty well in his Hero Sports podcast here at around the 18 minute mark:
    https://herosports.com/fcs-podcast-jmu-fbs-bzbz/

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

Over 10 years, we have lost around 12 schools, but if you filter out the schools that weren't making it past the quarterfinals, the list shrinks a lot.
    This year it just felt a little more dramatic because two schools that can make it to the semis or beyond left at once.
    We still have other contenders like Montana, Montana St, EWU, SDSU and the MVFC, and schools like Kennesaw emerging.

Sam Herder addressed this question pretty well in his Hero Sports podcast here at around the 18 minute mark:
    The old saying will get a new twist. Win the valley twice.
    Come to ndsu to win the valley twice. Ain't that nice?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post

I get what you are saying and I have heard Sam and other media types say similar things. The big thing for me is when it's talked about it seems like everyone is saying other schools will "replace" them as the top tier schools. Which is ok on the surface but my question is this: Will other schools replace them because those programs get better or will other schools replace them simply because they are the best of what's left.

That's my biggest worry and frankly what I think is and will continue to happen. The top tier schools in the FCS will become those that are the best of what's left and not schools that stepped up their programs to become elite.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

And how is Sam Houston not good 14 years ago? They are definitely a peer.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I get what you are saying and I have heard Sam and other media types say similar things. The big thing for me is when it's talked about it seems like everyone is saying other schools will "replace" them as the top tier schools. Which is ok on the surface but my question is this: Will other schools replace them because those programs get better or will other schools replace them simply because they are the best of what's left.

That's my biggest worry and frankly what I think is and will continue to happen. The top tier schools in the FCS will become those that are the best of what's left and not schools that stepped up their programs to become elite.

I totally agree with you. Moreover, I fear the move up to FBS by the former elite of the FCS will further drain away the talent previously considering playing FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    I totally agree with you. Moreover, I fear the move up to FBS by the former elite of the FCS will further drain away the talent previously considering playing FCS.
    There are only so many schollies a team has to offer. So its not like a bunch of kids are going FBS when there isnt a place offering them.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    There are only so many schollies a team has to offer. So its not like a bunch of kids are going FBS when there isnt a place offering them.
    Yes, and we are also only talking about 3 out of 128 FCS teams moving over the next few years. I could see it changing recruiting battles slightly in the local region where those schools are located, but overall it is background noise. Bison recruiting will not be impacted by this, neither will other MFVC or Big Sky team recruiting.