Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Future for bison

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Future for bison

I checked the list of schools that have transitioned from FCS to FBS since 2010. Teams include:
    Appalachian State
    Coastal Carolina Univ.
    Georgia Southern Univ.
    Georgia State Univ.
    Liberty Univ.
    Univ. of North Carolina, Charlotte
    Old Dominion Univ.
    Univ. of South Alabama
    Texas State Univ.

And now, James Madison
    Sam Houston
    Jacksonville Univ.

Who have I missed? There may be some other teams that moved up from competition levels other than FCS.

This list includes many of the powers that we have had to face in FCS playoffs. It now appears that FCS football is being more and more watered down every year. FCS is looking more and more like D-2 football. What next... Morningside reappearing in the MVFC.

I'm not saying we have to go FBS but we can start to assume that it's not a lot more than D-2 any more.

OK fire away.

Default Re: Future for bison

Ughh...... another thread on this?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Lol

Ten char

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    I checked the list of schools that have transitioned from FCS to FBS since 2010. Teams include:
    Appalachian State
    Coastal Carolina Univ.
    Georgia Southern Univ.
    Georgia State Univ.
    Liberty Univ.
    Old Dominion Univ.
    Univ. of South Alabama
    Texas State Univ.

And now, James Madison
    Sam Houston
    Jacksonville Univ.

Who have I missed? There may be some other teams that moved up from competition levels other than FCS.

This list includes many of the powers that we have had to face in FCS playoffs. It now appears that FCS football is being more and more watered down every year. FCS is looking more and more like D-2 football. What next... Morningside reappearing in the MVFC.

I'm not saying we have to go FBS but we can start to assume that it's not a lot more than D-2 any more.

OK fire away.
    Pretty sad NDSU has to figure something out one way or the other. totally agree d-2 situation looming

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    Ughh...... another thread on this?
    Yeah, I guess the other 15 threads that this is being talked about in are just not enough
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

If we were stuffing more fans in the dome, moving up would be gravy.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

I’m Pro-FBS and I think all these threads are getting annoying
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Appalachian State
    Coastal Carolina Univ.
    Georgia Southern Univ.
    Georgia State Univ.
    Liberty Univ.
    Old Dominion Univ.
    Univ. of South Alabama
    Texas State Univ.

And now, James Madison
    Sam Houston
    Jacksonville Univ.

OK fire away.
    Wow, another FBS thread! I’ll play.
    I’m not saying we shouldn’t go FBS but all the teams above are geographically south and east.

You missed UT San Antonio... another one of those transitional teams with a pathetic losing record in the FCS but had an invite to the FBS before they even played a game... much like UNC Charlotte and Georgia State -- they were commuter schools in large metropolitan areas, so they were automatically "deemed" FBS ready -- news flash -- large metropolitan areas also have NFL teams, and nobody gives a crap about the local college teams -- I grew up in the Twin Cities and have lived the past 26 years in DC Metro... nobody cared about the goofs when i was growing up, and nobody cares about Maryland VT or UVA here (unless maybe your an alum).

Until the leaders of these G5 conferences pull their heads out of their asses and realize its not about "# of tv screens in a metro area" and instead realize they need teams with a winning culture and rabid fan bases if they want to up their profile... then NDSU will get some conferences sniffing around.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As some of you geniuses didn't read, this wasn't a post about going FBS. It was about the watering down of FCS.