Thread: GDT vs Dickinson Blue Hawks

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT vs Dickinson Blue Hawks

After a quick start by the opponents tonight I witnessed a 61-13 point run by the NDSU Bison WOMENS team which I never realized it while sitting there at the game but on the way home I was listening to the post game report and this is what they said! Tremendous effort tonight by the entire team with 6 gals in double figures and so many with amazing athletic talent. Back side of the game ticket has $5 off a burger at Sickies too so that's and extra benefit! Coach Collins took a timeout in the first after getting down 12-7 and that really changed the game from a 3 point contest to good old time drive the lane and dish it off basketball!
    Last edited by bisoneer; 11-24-2021 at 05:29 PM.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Default Re: GDT vs Dickinson Blue Hawks

Final score was 95-42! Was hoping to see them break 100 as in the 80s Hardee’s gave a free burger to go and if the basketball team scored over 100!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After the game, they interviewed Kylie Strop, who had a great game. In the interview, she stated that they knew Dickinson wasn't a good team. NAIA DSU was 0-9 coming into the game. I understand feeling that but it was classless to say it.

I liked the way Katie Denton and Kylie Stroup both just took the ball to the basket and forced the defense to foul or get the layup. We got fouled and made a bunch of free throws. Jump shooting teams do not shoot free throws. Maybe the mens team can learn something about going to the basket and getting to the foul line. Better option than shooting 31 3's of your 46 shots. Just saying.

As for her comment about DSU, I will give her a break as she has probably not been on camera before and just had a career night. She will learn from that and get better and here is to hoping we will see her interviewed post game again and again.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hope you're right. I liked her fire. I noticed Hopkins didn't play much after the 1st quarter. She might be in coaches doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I hope you're right. I liked her fire. I noticed Hopkins didn't play much after the 1st quarter. She might be in coaches doghouse.
    She threw up some bad shots early in the game. I noticed too that she did not make it back on the court. Our post players need to develop a stronger inside game. They get beat on defense too much and on offense they just throw shots at the hoop and hope they go in. I still like the direction Jory has them going and he will get us to the mountain top.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Yes if that is what she said it was disrespectful of an opponent. They need to be coached on how to interview in a post game as that is a quality that needs development. Even saying a win is a win or one game at time cliche type comments is better than slamming another team, player, refs or etc.
    Let's Go Bison!!!