Thread: SDSU Game

Default SDSU Game

It was posted on the rabbit board that the NDSU game was switched from October 15 to november 12. Any insight to why? I don't know if it was a bison or a rabbit need, or maybe both.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Default Re: SDSU Game

So far, there has not been any updates on the gobison.com site. It still shows the Jacks visiting Fargo Oct. 15th.

Here is the link: http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.d...mp;SPSID=11844

It could be that one or both schools got a chance at another team and wondered if the game date could be changed. I believe this happened to NDSU last year with UC Davis, allowing the Bison to play Weber State the week the two were originally set to play.

Thats what i figured but wondered if it was you or us that had an opportunity at another game. I guess i was anxious to see who else we may play.
    Jackrabbit1979 - Bringing delusional Bison fans back down to earth since 2004.

Oct 15th is the pheasant opener and I for one am glad the game is being moved (if indeed it is). I suspect SDSU will leave that date open unless a good garuantee or home game can't be refused. Maybe I'm just fanatical about opening pheasant.

It might be because rivalry games are typically put at the end of the season.

The Jackrabbits have a complete 11 game schedule, so the change in dates was probably something Taylor wanted in order to schedule another game. NW La perhaps?

Kind of rules out Coastal Carolina on nov 12th.

533 In a row

somebison Guest

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior
    The Jackrabbits have a complete 11 game schedule, so the change in dates was probably something Taylor wanted in order to schedule another game. *NW La perhaps?

Kind of rules out Coastal Carolina on nov 12th.
    I don't think we'd want SDSU and homecoming back to back- Also N. Arizona is advertising for a 10/15 game (home) and would be willing to travel in 06.

Sounds like a great home/home to me- and their current AD was previously at UNC- which may or may not help work something out

Northern AZ would be great! *My first Bison game ever was against the Lumberjacks at Dacotah Field in 1971.

533 In a row

There is much still being worked out on next year's schedule. NDSU is working to make some changes to get Northeastern on the '06 sched. It was hinted at this past weekend's NDSU AA meeting that a schedule shift could be coming. If it has happened, it's probably instigated by Gene T.

The SDSU game is being moved to Nov. 12. SDSU released their schedule today:

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=65648