Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Default Re: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Want to get my $.02 in before FBS/FCS talk derails this thread.

I’ve been saying this since about 2017, but the gameday experience has gotten stale. If you’re not a hardcore fan, I can absolutely see why you’re not going to every game. They play the same music, have the same food options, and there is absolutely nothing to do between pauses in action besides wonder why we’re beating the other team’s ass so badly.

We need to hire some gameday experience consultants or something. Leaning on tailgating the last 10 years is starting to not work. Yell leaders were super cool in 2011 when they added them, but they aren’t new and exciting anymore. Having more strict security than the Cowboys and having people wait in line 30 minutes to pat down 50 year old women isn’t a positive update to the gameday experience.

Sell beer, let kids go on the field at halftime, plant super fans throughout the crowd, get the ability to show video highlights of other games on ESPN+, do ANYTHING to change it up. Don’t forget your job is to entertain people so that they’ll come back. When it comes to fan retention, it’s more than just winning games.

These can all be summed up as:

THE LAW OF DECREASING MARGINAL UTILITY

Completely agree.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    These can all be summed up as:

THE LAW OF DECREASING MARGINAL UTILITY

Completely agree.
    Still seems more like the Hedonistic treadmill than decreasing marginal utility.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 12-01-2021 at 12:43 AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Sill seems more like the Hedonistic treadmill than decreasing marginal utility.
    I agree with this guy

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Sorry, most true fans don't wish for close games. Plenty more to watch with the next guys up getting play time. Don't get who would want close games.....that just means the Bison would lose more games! A casual fan might want that crap, but to win it all need to be really good and dominant.
    Absolutely! I’ve never understood the desire for a close game. The desire should be to stomp! To show them the best. I do like a close game, but I desire a stomping.

Quote Originally Posted by JCEE1990 View Post
    Absolutely! I’ve never understood the desire for a close game. The desire should be to stomp! To show them the best. I do like a close game, but I desire a stomping.
    Only fix to your post is to instead say, I do like a close game...when the Bison win. Actually we have not lost many close games......in rare cases just don't show up against a team we should stomp and lose by 10 or more points.

well I've upgraded to row 1 for the 4th time this year....haha. wow pretty sure we are at 12,500 sold right now.
    hopefully we get to 15,000 by gametime.
    only $30 tickets public!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    well I've upgraded to row 1 for the 4th time this year....haha. wow pretty sure we are at 12,500 sold right now.
    hopefully we get to 15,000 by gametime.
    only $30 tickets public!!
    Yeah I shouldn't have renewed my season seats in Row CC. Heck, I may just buy a solo and go by myself. Anyone want to tailgate with me? Sad I know, but wife is out of town, kids busy with activities, and cousins... just not really interested anymore.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    I did not request my seats for this game as I am in need of 3 instead of my normal 2. Called the ticket office and they told me that I should have no problem getting much better seats as a group of 3 come Wednesday.
    I go from DD in corner to 50 yard line row S

While I love sold out crowds, I also do appreciate the chance to get better seats every year come playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JCEE1990 View Post
    Asskickings are fun in small samples... but they aren't fun long term. Its much harder to justify forking out money and spending a day at the dome to watch NDSU jailfuck yet another team.
    Last edited by ByeSonBusiness; 12-01-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Still seems more like the Hedonistic treadmill than decreasing marginal utility.
    I think both are true. Its not one or the other

They both indicate that the same thing over and over again, becomes less satisfying over time.

Marginal utility says the same thing becomes less exciting over time

The hedonistic treadmill says that achieving something new doesnt always result in being happy, and that you will revert back to the average happiness overtime.

They both describe why the dome is half full. I think the law of decreasing marginal utility is more accurate in our situation of being the most dominant program in the history of college football
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS