Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    The quality of television is so good now that it makes the massive hassle of dragging booger eaters around and spending 100s of Dollars not as enticing.
    I don't know. My youngests enthusiasm is what got me going again. His older sister and brother never got into it like he does. It's so fun to watch him watch.

He asked me when I tucked him in Saturday night that if he was a Bison football player would I still be his dad. Made my day.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    This here. Some people buy season tickets just for playoff seats. It's frustrating but a hard problem to solve. People don't even try to get rid of them just don't go.
    ECON 101…when supply exceeds demand, the perceived value of the item drops. This year, it appears that there is just very little demand for tickets beyond the season ticket holders (who have bought their tickets already). So, for those of us with tickets and can’t use them for a particular game, it is difficult to resell them for even “close to” face value AND in some cases cannot give them away! It will be interesting to see how many season ticket holders claim their playoff seats…many may wait to go to just the semifinal if we succeed in getting there.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by 1979 Bison View Post
    ECON 101…when supply exceeds demand, the perceived value of the item drops. This year, it appears that there is just very little demand for tickets beyond the season ticket holders (who have bought their tickets already). So, for those of us with tickets and can’t use them for a particular game, it is difficult to resell them for even “close to” face value AND in some cases cannot give them away! It will be interesting to see how many season ticket holders claim their playoff seats…many may wait to go to just the semifinal if we succeed in getting there.
    Yeah I've already heard of people getting good seats for the second round. And I realize those seats empty are paid for. That's just part of the problem that can't really be fixed. When you buy endzone or corner seats and then see the empty seats in the middle is just frustrating and a bad look on TV. I don't have an answer so probably shouldn't post.

Lardsin must go!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We're an outlier in FCS. We are an FBS program, talent and performance wise, that is playing inferior competition for the most part. There are really only 2-3 games (at most) per year where the Bison have to play at the upper reaches of their potential to win. The rest of the games they can have an off game and still dominate for the most part. To the casual fan this seems ridiculous. They question why NDSU doesn't want to challenge themselves. They don't understand the obstacles that are in the way of NDSU moving to FBS but they don't care. What they see is a bully beating up on the little guys. Whether or not people want to hear it or acknowledge it, that is hard for people to cheer for. Many of the alums that I interact with feel this way. They just don't see the point in getting excited about something that seems inevitable.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't know. My youngests enthusiasm is what got me going again. His older sister and brother never got into it like he does. It's so fun to watch him watch.

He asked me when I tucked him in Saturday night that if he was a Bison football player would I still be his dad. Made my day.
    Mine are still too young for that (1 and 3) I'll get back to you in a couple years and reevaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    This...it really sucked getting in to the game this weekend. Makes me wonder if it's worth the hastle sometimes.
    I go in about 30-40 minutes before the game and the line is only a few people deep.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    We're an outlier in FCS. We are an FBS program, talent and performance wise, that is playing inferior competition for the most part. There are really only 2-3 games (at most) per year where the Bison have to play at the upper reaches of their potential to win. The rest of the games they can have an off game and still dominate for the most part. To the casual fan this seems ridiculous. They question why NDSU doesn't want to challenge themselves. They don't understand the obstacles that are in the way of NDSU moving to FBS but they don't care. What they see is a bully beating up on the little guys. Whether or not people want to hear it or acknowledge it, that is hard for people to cheer for. Many of the alums that I interact with feel this way. They just don't see the point in getting excited about something that seems inevitable.

How is this different from being Alabama? They have won 6 of the last 12 FBS championships, and we've won 8 of 10.

I'd like to see NDSU join the right FBS conference, just not a crap conference that ends up worse than where we are now.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    How is this different from being Alabama? They have won 6 of the last 12 FBS championships, and we've won 8 of 10.

I'd like to see NDSU join the right FBS conference, just not a crap conference that ends up worse than where we are now.

Is there a higher level for Alabama to move to?

Like I said, whether you want to hear it or not there are a number of alumni and potential fans who have a hard time getting behind the program because they perceive the Bison winning as inevitable. Will that change if we move to the FBS? I have no idea. I do know that it isn't likely going to change staying at the FCS level. We've shown that we can drastically outperform the competition at this level and you can't put that cat back in the bag.

I don't know. My youngest enthusiasm is what got me going again. His older sister and brother never got into it like he does. It's so fun to watch him watch.

This is awesome. Brings back very fond memories of when my son was young. For me this is exactly why I'm not as much of a diehard fan as I used to be. My son is all grown up, so I don't have an eight year old pushing me to go to or watch every game. Add in the fact that most of the games are boring blowouts and it all adds up to less enthusiasm on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    This is awesome. Brings back very fond memories of when my son was young. For me this is exactly why I'm not as much of a diehard fan as I used to be. My son is all grown up, so I don't have an eight year old pushing me to go to or watch every game. Add in the fact that most of the games are boring blowouts and it all adds up to less enthusiasm on my part.
    My kid tells me he likes basketball game because they aren't all blowouts and he doesn't feel as bad for the opposing team.