Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Default Re: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Here's an idea to get the students more engaged: Tic Tac video competition. During game action breaks and again at halftime student submitted (and obviously closely vetted) videos are played on the big video boards. Everyone with an NDSU app submits upvotes or downvotes for each video as they wish. Sometime during Q4 the video with the most upvotes is chosen as the winner of something a student would highly value, like uh, cash.
    Either that or do a live Squid Games competition for the 50/50 raffle money. Although after a couple seasons all the death may catch up in the attendance numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

It's been mentioned a couple times now about somehow showing other games on the screens.

I think it would be a great addition to the GameDay environment to have highlights of other FCS games pop up from time to time on the corner screens or at the right times on the big screens.

It would take a dedicated person or two trying to pay attention to a handful of games that bison fans care about(maybe just conference teams), being able to grab a clip from whatever stream they have or maybe monitor other teams Twitter if they post big plays, and then get them to whoever is producing the video boards.

I don't think it's a simple task but I would think if you out a few heads together they could figure out how to make it work well consistently.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'd love that, but there may be some legal issues with "rebroadcasting" in the dome.

Not 100% sure.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

starting next year it will be mvfc vs big sky for the title.......watered down fcs....time to move on!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisoninloveland View Post
    starting next year it will be mvfc vs big sky for the title.......watered down fcs....time to move on!
    Valley might even get 6 teams in the playoffs next year.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I'd love that, but there may be some legal issues with "rebroadcasting" in the dome.

Not 100% sure.
    Yep for sure there are more than just technical obstacles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This guy is my spirit animal.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    We already have a thread for this lol "Bison Fatigue"

Law of decreasing marginal utility: "The law of diminishing marginal utility states that all else equal, as consumption increases, the marginal utility derived from each additional unit declines. ... The utility is an economic term used to represent satisfaction or happiness"

There are other factors or course, but this explains why we were sold out to the rafters for our first playoff game against Wofford, but less and less each time after.
    This seems more like the hedonistic treadmill than diminishing marginal utility.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Just reported on the news tonight that there are still tickets available for the "The Game" in Michigan Saturday.

Guess it's Wolverine fatigue.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder how much the inability to get tickets for a few years affects attendance today. My dad always just walked up to the ticket window when I was a kid and we got in without problems. There’s a few years of kids who didn’t get that experience. Maybe no impact whatsoever, but I am curious. I can’t even give my unused tickets to family anymore. Thankfully I was reminded of Fanettes donations toward the end of this year.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.