Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Default Re: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Want to get my $.02 in before FBS/FCS talk derails this thread.

I’ve been saying this since about 2017, but the gameday experience has gotten stale. If you’re not a hardcore fan, I can absolutely see why you’re not going to every game. They play the same music, have the same food options, and there is absolutely nothing to do between pauses in action besides wonder why we’re beating the other team’s ass so badly.

We need to hire some gameday experience consultants or something. Leaning on tailgating the last 10 years is starting to not work. Yell leaders were super cool in 2011 when they added them, but they aren’t new and exciting anymore. Having more strict security than the Cowboys and having people wait in line 30 minutes to pat down 50 year old women isn’t a positive update to the gameday experience.

Sell beer, let kids go on the field at halftime, plant super fans throughout the crowd, get the ability to show video highlights of other games on ESPN+, do ANYTHING to change it up. Don’t forget your job is to entertain people so that they’ll come back. When it comes to fan retention, it’s more than just winning games.

Are you able to report for work before year's end?

Nick Saban's thoughts on a similar topic: https://twitter.com/_AlexByington/st...91609296584706

So to answer the question of the thread, beyond it being a trend nationally, it's basically because we've been spoiled rotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Nick Saban's thoughts on a similar topic: https://twitter.com/_AlexByington/st...91609296584706

So to answer the question of the thread it's basically because we've been spoiled rotten.

Huh. Was that some form of "coach speak?"

So to answer the question of the thread, beyond it being a trend nationally, it's basically because we've been spoiled rotten.
    Imagine having the balls to call other people self-absorbed because they won’t spend their money to watch something you’re doing. Incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Are you able to report for work before year's end?
    Shit I’d do it for free. It’s sad seeing the dome not rocking and full like it was when I was in school 5-10 years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I don't think anyone has criticized our players and coaches for out working everyone else and being better than the rest of the FCS. People definitely appreciate what they have done.

The criticism is with the 90% of what is left of FCS not being all in. Do those other programs think they are "all in." Yes, they probably do, but their idea of commitment is not the same as NDSU's program.

Regarding the game day atmosphere, I agree with NDSU92. I don't know what the fix is, but something needs to be done to get the students more involved and having more fun. A lot of people in the crowd feed off of the student energy.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I go in about 30-40 minutes before the game and the line is only a few people deep.
    That's about when I tried to go in.....lines were already deep on the West side and the East side.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I wonder how much crime in the Fargodome has dropped now that they've put in place such "security" measure.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Shit I’d do it for free. It’s sad seeing the dome not rocking and full like it was when I was in school 5-10 years ago
    Here's an idea to get the students more engaged: Tic Tac video competition. During game action breaks and again at halftime student submitted (and obviously closely vetted) videos are played on the big video boards. Everyone with an NDSU app submits upvotes or downvotes for each video as they wish. Sometime during Q4 the video with the most upvotes is chosen as the winner of something a student would highly value, like uh, cash.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I wonder how much crime in the Fargodome has dropped now that they've put in place such "security" measure.
    The old ladies aren't even afraid to tell you to sit down anymore.

Lardsin must go!