Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Default Re: Why is the Dome Half Full?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Sorry, most true fans don't wish for close games. Plenty more to watch with the next guys up getting play time. Don't get who would want close games.....that just means the Bison would lose more games! A casual fan might want that crap, but to win it all need to be really good and dominant.
    And there's the double edged sword:

- the casual fan sees a boring blowout and wonders why they came if it's not an "exciting game!" ... but will they show up in future if the team doesn't win.
    - the hard core wants to see a game to evaluate the throwing motion of the third string QB who'll start in two years

Apologies, but as a hard core hockey fan, I like to find out if that new freshman fourth line center is better at faceoffs on his forehand or backhand (he ain't out there taking faceoffs in a one- or two-goal game) while the people around me are uploading their pics at the rink to Facebook because isn't not a "good" (meaning close) game.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Do you think we will be able to fill up Frisco this year? I bought 4 tickets as usual and always have a blast, but wondering if we might see empty seats there too this time.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The entrance I go in usually has 4 doors open. This past weekend only 2 doors were used. Think that can cause a back up?
    You mean the doors where they have the jail/holding cell?
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Do you think we will be able to fill up Frisco this year? I bought 4 tickets as usual and always have a blast, but wondering if we might see empty seats there too this time.
    You've got how many chickens?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    You mean the doors where they have the jail/holding cell?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    No beer, Columns in the corners, FBS, Dome Nazis, Milk drinkers, Knitters, Loud music, Dip N Dot spoons. Should cover it I think.
    you forgot shitty pretzels

I'm a pessimist so it's not half full. It's half empty.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

#1 reason for lack of a packed fargodome for Bison games.........too many casual fans have season tickets.
    I don't think a substantial number of hardcore fans who want season tickets are unable to obtain them.
    College of Business Alumnus

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The quality of television is so good now that it makes the massive hassle of dragging booger eaters around and spending 100s of Dollars not as enticing.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

#1 reason for lack of a packed fargodome for Bison games.........too many casual fans have season tickets.
    This here. Some people buy season tickets just for playoff seats. It's frustrating but a hard problem to solve. People don't even try to get rid of them just don't go.

Lardsin must go!