Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT vs Tarleton 11/22

Default Re: GDT vs Tarleton 11/22

Ross Uglem tweeted a quote from Richman that Griesel is more week to week than day to day. Not what I was hoping for.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

I must’ve missed it but why was Dez out tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    I must’ve missed it but why was Dez out tonight?
    One game suspension I believe.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I just know basic basketball.
    Well that's more than Dave so congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    That game was absolutely brutal, credit to Tarleton, they are relentless, their effort is insane. Their offense was everything we complained about for years, stall until the end of the shot clock, throw up garbage in a one on one situation and hope for the best...unfortunately for us it seemed to work for them. Why on earth we made no effort to get the ball in the post baffles me, every time we did (which was like 3, maybe 4), they had to double and we end up with a guy wide open. Now one of those times Rocky turned it over and 2 of them we missed open shots but if we work the ball through the post every possession instead of 4 of them we would have positive results. The other problem I had is we looked to kick a little too much in the 2nd half, we started getting penetration and instead of going up strong and finishing we'd kick it out again, that's fine if you should the 3 at 40-50% but we haven't shot the ball well yet this season so fricken go up strong and get the layup or at least a foul. They didn't play a guy over 6'6", we can get up over them and finish at the rim and we just kept kicking it out. Frustrating as hell to watch.
    I mean we shot 38% from 3. We shot better from 3 than we did from 2. I guess the problem is that the 2 point shots weren’t very high percentage obviously.

I’d guess the real problem was the 13 turnovers. Rebounds, FTs, shooting otherwise were relatively all even.

Didn’t watch the game, but how do you not outrebound a team that’s giving you 3 or 4 inches on every man? I suppose with Nelson and Krawser sitting out at the 3 point line all game?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I just know basic basketball.
    Or a basic homer

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Huge dominate win over the titan that is Tarleton St.

What a joke.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Ross Uglem tweeted a quote from Richman that Griesel is more week to week than day to day. Not what I was hoping for.
    We need him.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    We need him.
    How can we have no point guard to run the show. The best one we have is hurt and it is not his normal position. Find another Vinnie or Woodie... Come on we did it before and we need to do it again. We need Sammy back.....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

We have learned a few things through the preseason -

Do other teams have as many suspensions as us? I don't recall other teams every having this many suspensions...

Our PG recruiting has been bad which Richmond has called our most important position. Dez can't shot and Guy can't guard. There was a stretch in the 1st half where Guy had 3 turnovers in a row against the ball pressure...It was similar to when SDSU full court pressed us last year. Guy just doesn't have the speed to blow by a guy at the D1 one level.