Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT vs Tarleton 11/22

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT vs Tarleton 11/22

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    "Believe it or not, that game probably went as planned. That is a REALLY well-coached team." DR

This quote says all you need to know about Dave. Wow, just wow…

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    The only three games that matter in in March.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    man I Hate this mentality... derp derp. let's win 3 in the 26th ranked summit and get that #15 or play in game. fffffuuuuuuuuuuuudge .
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tarletons conference will feel like a cakewalk after their noncon. Stanford, Wichita, Kansas, Gonzaga, and Michigan…absolutely insane!

https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...jqRado3yQ&s=19

Last defensive possession looks a lot cleaner from this angle.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Whatever Dave did would be the right call in your mind.
    I just know basic basketball.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonfan08 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why is that? Seriously!
    Because Griesel and Dez were both out tonight. Tough style of team to play with your top 2 PG options out, Kallman bailed us out big time because Guy just isn't the answer unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...jqRado3yQ&s=19

Last defensive possession looks a lot cleaner from this angle.
    This whole thing happened right in front of me, there was no foul initially, their player just lost the ball going up and then when he got it back he traveled before anybody touched him again so if there woulda been any call at before the buzzer that woulda been the one.

That game was absolutely brutal, credit to Tarleton, they are relentless, their effort is insane. Their offense was everything we complained about for years, stall until the end of the shot clock, throw up garbage in a one on one situation and hope for the best...unfortunately for us it seemed to work for them. Why on earth we made no effort to get the ball in the post baffles me, every time we did (which was like 3, maybe 4), they had to double and we end up with a guy wide open. Now one of those times Rocky turned it over and 2 of them we missed open shots but if we work the ball through the post every possession instead of 4 of them we would have positive results. The other problem I had is we looked to kick a little too much in the 2nd half, we started getting penetration and instead of going up strong and finishing we'd kick it out again, that's fine if you should the 3 at 40-50% but we haven't shot the ball well yet this season so fricken go up strong and get the layup or at least a foul. They didn't play a guy over 6'6", we can get up over them and finish at the rim and we just kept kicking it out. Frustrating as hell to watch.

GRAFTONBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    That game was absolutely brutal, credit to Tarleton, they are relentless, their effort is insane. Their offense was everything we complained about for years, stall until the end of the shot clock, throw up garbage in a one on one situation and hope for the best...unfortunately for us it seemed to work for them. Why on earth we made no effort to get the ball in the post baffles me, every time we did (which was like 3, maybe 4), they had to double and we end up with a guy wide open. Now one of those times Rocky turned it over and 2 of them we missed open shots but if we work the ball through the post every possession instead of 4 of them we would have positive results. The other problem I had is we looked to kick a little too much in the 2nd half, we started getting penetration and instead of going up strong and finishing we'd kick it out again, that's fine if you should the 3 at 40-50% but we haven't shot the ball well yet this season so fricken go up strong and get the layup or at least a foul. They didn't play a guy over 6'6", we can get up over them and finish at the rim and we just kept kicking it out. Frustrating as hell to watch.
    31 three point attempts out of 46 total shots I believe

Quote Originally Posted by GRAFTONBISON View Post
    31 three point attempts out of 46 total shots I believe
    Yuck......