Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrating Roadwarrior game 500 in a row

Default Re: Celebrating Roadwarrior game 500 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    What would Lakes do then? That's his thing isn't it?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

Here’s to 500 more, Legend!
    Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    An announcement prior to the game, half-time, or beginning of the 4th quarter would be a nice touch. Well done Roadwarrior...here's to many more!
    Agreed...to start the 4th! Congrats Road...well-well done!!

Drop him from the rafters with the Chick-fil-A cow parachute gift cards and the lucky section gets to have a chicken sandwich and the #1 Bison fan sit with them.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Drop him from the rafters with the Chick-fil-A cow parachute gift cards and the lucky section gets to have a chicken sandwich and the #1 Bison fan sit with them.
    I was thinking zip line over the south endzone down to the coin flip. Then carried to sideline on the rams shoulders.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This brings up the question, what is the next best streak of games in a row? My guess is that it is a current parent. With the advent of streaming, I can't imagine Roads record will ever be broken. With that said, I hope Road is put under lock and key until after 500 is done. It would be a travesty for him to make it this far only to slip on the ice and break a hip at one of the low brow tailgates he has been invited to.

Congrats Road!

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some trivia for you kids.....In about 1980 Bob Clark, Ken Lein Frank Portscheller
    and John Mark started traveling to games together. Wallworks had just gotten 4
    vans that were all Bison. Ken bought one. Others in the group were Hal Jordet,
    Ron Olson, John Stark and Joe Dobbs. In 1981,we were in the bar at the hotel in Marquette
    and Bill Fellows came up to us and said "They should call you guys the Roadwarriors."
    We always had 4-5 cases on beer on board, thus probably starting tailgaiting. In 1984 at St Cloud
    we left the game at halftime and drank with the point and and post player. Great times. Road hasn't
    missed a game since. He's done a hell of a job carrying on a tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by DORMIE View Post
    Some trivia for you kids.....In about 1980 Bob Clark, Ken Lein Frank Portscheller
    and John Mark started traveling to games together. Wallworks had just gotten 4
    vans that were all Bison. Ken bought one. Others in the group were Hal Jordet,
    Ron Olson, John Stark and Joe Dobbs. In 1981,we were in the bar at the hotel in Marquette
    and Bill Fellows came up to us and said "They should call you guys the Roadwarriors."
    We always had 4-5 cases on beer on board, thus probably starting tailgaiting. In 1984 at St Cloud
    we left the game at halftime and drank with the point and and post player. Great times. Road hasn't
    missed a game since. He's done a hell of a job carrying on a tradition.
    We could now probably write a book about the trips in the 80s. The Statue of Limitations has long expired and would save us from jail time.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    We could now probably write a book about the trips in the 80s. The Statue of Limitations has long expired and would save us from jail time.
    Just to be totally safe you probably want to omit any of the capital offenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I'll add my congrats to Road as well. Does anyone know what the longest active streak in the country is right now? I remember the last time Bob hit a milestone there were a few guys that had game streaks in the 800's. Tried Google but didn't find anything. I also remember that few years ago one of the guys with a long streak died in the parking lot after his team lost in the Rose Bowl.

Wishing you many, many more games Road, keep it up.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA