Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cam Miller thread

Default Re: Official Cam Miller thread

I had the dread when we were on Offense in the Spring... in the fall, that dread continued... that dread has faded thanks to Cam -- he is consistent, confident, and decisive!

I really like what I am seeing, and I like what I am hearing when he is interviewed -- humble, well spoken, "bring your lunch box to work" kid with a boulder on his shoulder

He is going to win a lot of games at NDSU, order has been restored!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Cam is so good he beat out two different FBS transfers to be a starter.
    Cam Miller the Transfer Killer.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Miller reminds me of a mix of Walker/Jensen. More mobile than Walker/less than Jensen...but much like the EWU playoff loss for Jensen, Miller took the whole weight of the loss to Sam Houston on his shoulders and put in the work to get better.
    Yep, happy for Cam. Nobody took the loss in the spring to Sammy harder than he did. And then, lose the job to QP in the fall. But, when he got the call, boy was he ready! The SD game was one of the best games we have had a QB play in some time!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Yep, happy for Cam. Nobody took the loss in the spring to Sammy harder than he did. And then, lose the job to QP in the fall. But, when he got the call, boy was he ready! The SD game was one of the best games we have had a QB play in some time!
    I really like how he's firing off his back foot at the top of his drop. Seeing a pass come out on time.... seems like it's been too long since we've gotten to watch that.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You can't spell "Champion" without C, A, M.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=Jay;1540802]Here is the top 10... Cam is now #2 behind Hegerle. 2021 class doesn't have rankings loaded.

I don't know who does those rankings but they are dumb. Cam was a nice recruiting get and is playing exceptionally well this year, but he is no where near the talent even in HS that Lance was. Watching both HS tapes from Lance's tape and Cam's tape, Lance was clearly way better. I don't care what some stupid rankings say as it was obvious to even a lay person like me. I mean when we got Lance the excitement and rumors his first year were huge as everybody knew we had stolen a top talent.

This is not to disparage Cam cause he is playing extremely well this year especially with his mind and his confidence is fantastic. He may lead us to another title this year. But these rankings are dumb as Cam does not have the athleticism or arm strength of even someone like Brock. Cam reminds me of Steve Walker who was fantastic and I loved watching him.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=Snowgoose;1541447]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Here is the top 10... Cam is now #2 behind Hegerle. 2021 class doesn't have rankings loaded.

I don't know who does those rankings but they are dumb. Cam was a nice recruiting get and is playing exceptionally well this year, but he is no where near the talent even in HS that Lance was. Watching both HS tapes from Lance's tape and Cam's tape, Lance was clearly way better. I don't care what some stupid rankings say as it was obvious to even a lay person like me. I mean when we got Lance the excitement and rumors his first year were huge as everybody knew we had stolen a top talent.

This is not to disparage Cam cause he is playing extremely well this year especially with his mind and his confidence is fantastic. He may lead us to another title this year. But these rankings are dumb as Cam does not have the athleticism or arm strength of even someone like Brock. Cam reminds me of Steve Walker who was fantastic and I loved watching him.
    I feel like you're misremembering Brock. I'd say cam is more athletic with an equivalent to better arm. Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    That's a pretty good take, TAB. I've been telling my son how much he reminds me of Brock......not quite the gem in the rough recruiting storying that Brock had, but yet he was the completely overlooked one coming into the year of the big 3. Heck, he keeps playing at a high level, and we could have another Brock/Carson situation where Peyton has to bide his time.

Switching gears a bit, Quincy sure seems like a nice young man, but his time as featured QB is done unless he wants to go D2 or garbage FCS team. I hope he is willing to learn a new position.....may be a tough pill to swallow, but I'd move him to TE or WR and he will shine once he gets technique figured out. Note to mention, you could have a lot of fun with gadget plays if he is out there regularly.......(bring him on an end around you've run with him 2-3 times, and instead have him chuck it deep.....)
    I think he'd be ok as a FB as well. He's big and could block as needed, along with being a run threat from time to time. We know he's pretty good at escaping tackles as well so long as it's not 3rd & Quincy in which case he runs into a pile of Defensive Linemen for minimal gain. Then, there's always the occasional trick play you can run with him lined up in the backfield, takes a pitch from Miller then launches a deep ball to Watson/Sproles.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I think he'd be ok as a FB as well. He's big and could block as needed, along with being a run threat from time to time. We know he's pretty good at escaping tackles as well so long as it's not 3rd & Quincy in which case he runs into a pile of Defensive Linemen for minimal gain. Then, there's always the occasional trick play you can run with him lined up in the backfield, takes a pitch from Miller then launches a deep ball to Watson/Sproles.
    Add Quincy to the Delta Variant (formerly called the Diamond Formation under Easton Stick). At least that is what we now call it in Section 32, Row R.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Add Quincy to the Delta Variant (formerly called the Diamond Formation under Easton Stick). At least that is what we now call it in Section 32, Row R.
    Heck, next year put Quincy, Cam and Cole into the Delta with Luepke/Gonella as the tailback. Quincy & Cole are big enough to block and dangerous enough to run/throw.