Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Official Cam Miller thread

Default Re: Official Cam Miller thread

Quote Originally Posted by 17>1 View Post
    Looking forward to seeing what Cam can do this season. He's coming into fall camp knowing he's QB1. He has a normal spring ball and offseason conditioning under his belt and also added some weight. He's working with what some say is the best QB coach in the nation under Randy Hedberg. And he's an upperclassmen as a Junior now. I'm just as excited as everyone else to see what CP can do to help this offense but I think Cam has earned the right to be our guy right now.
    Have to agree. Cam has had a very strange first couple active years. Locked in now at QB1 coming off a championship winning season that he played a legit big role in, not just a game manager. He was legit good! Very excited for him.

And this might just be me getting a bit old and curmudgeonly but I love seeing a recruit that was counted out a time (Quincy brought in) or two (Quincy again and now Cole excitement) rise to greatness. This team, and fanbase honestly, needs to keep seeing that to prove this program is more than just the big recruiting wins for "obvious" studs. This isn't special to our program necessarily but I imagine it helps players in the program dealing with their own battles that the depth chart isn't handed to you based on expectations coming in to the program. Earn that shit.
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Have to agree. Cam has had a very strange first couple active years. Locked in now at QB1 coming off a championship winning season that he played a legit big role in, not just a game manager. He was legit good! Very excited for him.

And this might just be me getting a bit old and curmudgeonly but I love seeing a recruit that was counted out a time (Quincy brought in) or two (Quincy again and now Cole excitement) rise to greatness. This team, and fanbase honestly, needs to keep seeing that to prove this program is more than just the big recruiting wins for "obvious" studs. This isn't special to our program necessarily but I imagine it helps players in the program dealing with their own battles that the depth chart isn't handed to you based on expectations coming in to the program. Earn that shit.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said...but it does hint at Cam wasn't a big recruiting win/obvious stud. He was a huge win. This isn't like he was this lesser recruit that came out of nowhere...he was a big time recruit...people just seem to forget that since he was brought into play too soon.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything you said...but it does hint at Cam wasn't a big recruiting win/obvious stud. He was a huge win. This isn't like he was this lesser recruit that came out of nowhere...he was a big time recruit...people just seem to forget that since he was brought into play too soon.
    When he committed he was the highest rated recruit ever for NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That's fair and I didn't mean to insinuate that but I can see how that comes across. I was more focusing on the lack of confidence shown in him twice and he still came out golden.

Go get 'em, Cam!
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    That's fair and I didn't mean to insinuate that but I can see how that comes across. I was more focusing on the lack of confidence shown in him twice and he still came out golden.

Go get 'em, Cam!
    Yep, that is what I was thinking you meant which is why I said I agreed with what you said. Just figured it was worth mentioning...especially it seems like some here think Cam should be replaced. Cam is big time.*

*Except no mattress commercial by CP is better than a mattress commercial with Cam**
    **Man that was bad***
    ***twss

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Cam is one strong mentally tough dude. Just recall his post game interview after the spring '21 season playoff loss to SHSU. He was accountable, focused and proved very damn resilient. He is the definition of a QB1 at NDSU.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

21 of 27 for 210 yards. Good stats for a Bison QB. I mostly listened to this (frustrating) game while rebuilding my deck so didn't see all of his plays. I did see a very pretty ball put right in the bucket in the back of the end zone but the receiver dropped it.
    Insert something clever here...

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    21 of 27 for 210 yards. Good stats for a Bison QB. I mostly listened to this (frustrating) game while rebuilding my deck so didn't see all of his plays. I did see a very pretty ball put right in the bucket in the back of the end zone but the receiver dropped it.
    That was a very tough catch in tight coverage going to the ground hard. Not your typical "drop". It was a great pass though!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk