Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cam Miller thread

Default Re: Official Cam Miller thread

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Stick didn't have anyone like Quincy behind him either. If QP was on the roster in 2015, he most likely would've been subbed in to run like he was last season. I'm not trying to say that Cam is close to the runner Stick was though, he's not, but that QP's running ability would've gotten him on the field that season also.

For as good as a runner as Stick is, his development as a passer is what got him drafted. My point is Cam is already ahead of Stick in that category and has a higher ceiling IMO.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
    Agree to disagree. If he gets drafted, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Stick is an athlete. That's why we ran the ball with him. Cam needs a sub for the QB run game. Bet we see the calved one in on QB run packages this season.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Stick is an athlete. That's why we ran the ball with him. Cam needs a sub for the QB run game. Bet we see the calved one in on QB run packages this season.
    I'll be pleasantly surprised too, but not shocked. It's not that hard to see a path where he gets drafted.

And I don't know that Cam NEEDED a sub to come in for the QB run game, it was more QP was available so might as well use him. Which will probably be the same situation with CP next season if he's as good a runner as we all think he is.

I dont think Cam needs a sub for QB runs. I think the coaches were trying to keep QP involved even though dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Cam ain't a great runner but he's very competent. A bit like Jensen. Can do it. Won't wow you with it. But the threat is there that he'll get it done.

I'm a big Cam Miller fan. Hope he keeps it up! He looked solid as a true freshman and looked much improved last year. Give my guy the reins!
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I'll be pleasantly surprised too, but not shocked. It's not that hard to see a path where he gets drafted.

And I don't know that Cam NEEDED a sub to come in for the QB run game, it was more QP was available so might as well use him. Which will probably be the same situation with CP next season if he's as good a runner as we all think he is.

Shit didn't see this post. I echoed the same deal!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I dont think Cam needs a sub for QB runs. I think the coaches were trying to keep QP involved even though dude couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

Cam ain't a great runner but he's very competent. A bit like Jensen. Can do it. Won't wow you with it. But the threat is there that he'll get it done.

I'm a big Cam Miller fan. Hope he keeps it up! He looked solid as a true freshman and looked much improved last year. Give my guy the reins!
    QP wouldn't have came in for Stick. Straight facts

Oh I think you are probably right. I dont think we really disagree here. Stick had....I dont even remember who behind him though. Its not like Cam didn't have designed QB runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Oh I think you are probably right. I dont think we really disagree here. Stick had....I dont even remember who behind him though. Its not like Cam didn't have designed QB runs.
    It's just a very high bar for a QB, especially in the FCS, to get drafted. Cam could be Brock level and not get drafted. NFL is very much about measurables. I just don't think Cam will have the physical numbers to clear that hurdle.

It's just a very high bar for a QB, especially in the FCS, to get drafted. Cam could be Brock level and not get drafted. NFL is very much about measurables. I just don't think Cam will have the physical numbers to clear that hurdle.
    Oh very tough. If the Notre Dame kid could do it, I think he may be able to as well.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

wrong

ten char
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    wrong

ten char
    He rushed for 500 yards in the 8 games he started his red shirt freshman year, so yeah, he wasn't coming off the field for QB run. There were games that year the entire offense was based on his running ability.

His rushing totals from his first three starts.

But you would have brought in another wildcat QB.

Are you Mark Farley's burner account?

If Cam ever has a single 100 yard rushing game I would be shocked.