Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cam Miller thread

Hybrid View

Default Official Cam Miller thread

Count me in as one of the loudest voices shouting that he was "not the guy" last year, but wow.... the amount of progress this kid has made in LESS THAN ONE YEAR is astonishing.

We on the internet rip on QBs all the time, but the level of mental fortitude it takes to be thrown in at NDSU as a true freshmen, basically get destroyed, and 6 months later, come back and look like this??? Respect, Mr. Miller.

Regardless of how the playoffs end, Cam Miller forever has my respect. If he continues to improve the way he has..... Look out. This kid is driven.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Re: Official Cam Miller thread

One thing that Ross Uglem mentioned on his podcast that I may not have previously taken note of, Cam Miller is the highest rated recruit in program history. I guess because he was probably going to sit behind Trey for a few years and then got thrown in as a true freshman out of his depth, it wasn't obvious. This kid should probably be Brock Jensen to Cole Payton's Carson Wentz.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

His passing efficiency numbers are blowing away what Easton Stick or Brock Jensen did as redshirt freshman (they're even better than Trey Lance but much more limited sample size so far). Although I do think those game reps in the spring helped accelerate his growth. He does have a fantastic set of skill players to work with though... maybe the best group of skill players NDSU has ever had. I also like how his insertion into the starting lineup has coincided with Tamerick Williams taking the reins as the lead back. Just need that o-line to keep playing at a high level and the sky is the limit for this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    One thing that Ross Uglem mentioned on his podcast that I may not have previously taken note of, Cam Miller is the highest rated recruit in program history. I guess because he was probably going to sit behind Trey for a few years and then got thrown in as a true freshman out of his depth, it wasn't obvious. This kid should probably be Brock Jensen to Cole Payton's Carson Wentz.
    Was he the highest rated at the time we went after him? I thought that Cole Payton was rated higher last year?
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Was he the highest rated at the time we went after him? I thought that Cole Payton was rated higher last year?
    Here is the top 10... Cam is now #2 behind Hegerle. 2021 class doesn't have rankings loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Here is the top 10... Cam is now #2 behind Hegerle. 2021 class doesn't have rankings loaded.

That list just shows you how stars are only part of the picture.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cam is light years ahead of where he was last spring. Count me in the Miller Time fan club!

533 In a row

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=Jay;1540802]Here is the top 10... Cam is now #2 behind Hegerle. 2021 class doesn't have rankings loaded.

I don't know who does those rankings but they are dumb. Cam was a nice recruiting get and is playing exceptionally well this year, but he is no where near the talent even in HS that Lance was. Watching both HS tapes from Lance's tape and Cam's tape, Lance was clearly way better. I don't care what some stupid rankings say as it was obvious to even a lay person like me. I mean when we got Lance the excitement and rumors his first year were huge as everybody knew we had stolen a top talent.

This is not to disparage Cam cause he is playing extremely well this year especially with his mind and his confidence is fantastic. He may lead us to another title this year. But these rankings are dumb as Cam does not have the athleticism or arm strength of even someone like Brock. Cam reminds me of Steve Walker who was fantastic and I loved watching him.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=Snowgoose;1541447]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post

I don't know who does those rankings but they are dumb. Cam was a nice recruiting get and is playing exceptionally well this year, but he is no where near the talent even in HS that Lance was. Watching both HS tapes from Lance's tape and Cam's tape, Lance was clearly way better. I don't care what some stupid rankings say as it was obvious to even a lay person like me. I mean when we got Lance the excitement and rumors his first year were huge as everybody knew we had stolen a top talent.

This is not to disparage Cam cause he is playing extremely well this year especially with his mind and his confidence is fantastic. He may lead us to another title this year. But these rankings are dumb as Cam does not have the athleticism or arm strength of even someone like Brock. Cam reminds me of Steve Walker who was fantastic and I loved watching him.
    I feel like you're misremembering Brock. I'd say cam is more athletic with an equivalent to better arm. Jmo

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Ross has been clear it was "at the time."