Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Cam Miller thread

Default Official Cam Miller thread

Count me in as one of the loudest voices shouting that he was "not the guy" last year, but wow.... the amount of progress this kid has made in LESS THAN ONE YEAR is astonishing.

We on the internet rip on QBs all the time, but the level of mental fortitude it takes to be thrown in at NDSU as a true freshmen, basically get destroyed, and 6 months later, come back and look like this??? Respect, Mr. Miller.

Regardless of how the playoffs end, Cam Miller forever has my respect. If he continues to improve the way he has..... Look out. This kid is driven.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Default Re: Official Cam Miller thread

One thing that Ross Uglem mentioned on his podcast that I may not have previously taken note of, Cam Miller is the highest rated recruit in program history. I guess because he was probably going to sit behind Trey for a few years and then got thrown in as a true freshman out of his depth, it wasn't obvious. This kid should probably be Brock Jensen to Cole Payton's Carson Wentz.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Count me in as one of the loudest voices shouting that he was "not the guy" last year, but wow.... the amount of progress this kid has made in LESS THAN ONE YEAR is astonishing.

We on the internet rip on QBs all the time, but the level of mental fortitude it takes to be thrown in at NDSU as a true freshmen, basically get destroyed, and 6 months later, come back and look like this??? Respect, Mr. Miller.

Regardless of how the playoffs end, Cam Miller forever has my respect. If he continues to improve the way he has..... Look out. This kid is driven.
    Miller reminds me of a mix of Walker/Jensen. More mobile than Walker/less than Jensen...but much like the EWU playoff loss for Jensen, Miller took the whole weight of the loss to Sam Houston on his shoulders and put in the work to get better.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

His passing efficiency numbers are blowing away what Easton Stick or Brock Jensen did as redshirt freshman (they're even better than Trey Lance but much more limited sample size so far). Although I do think those game reps in the spring helped accelerate his growth. He does have a fantastic set of skill players to work with though... maybe the best group of skill players NDSU has ever had. I also like how his insertion into the starting lineup has coincided with Tamerick Williams taking the reins as the lead back. Just need that o-line to keep playing at a high level and the sky is the limit for this offense.

Well without a doubt, he has improved greatly from last spring. Keep in mind, last spring was only 5 months ago for him between starts, not a full year like it would normally be. Which is even more remarkable. He might not be the savior that most people think Cole Payton is going to be, but you never know. Cams throwing and quick thinking has been fantastic, which has opened up our run game as teams can no longer stack the box for what felt like 90% of our offensive plays. And all the sudden we are running the ball like the old days because of it. Cam is not the type of running QB like Stick and Lance were, but his ability to run is serviceable and his running strength is when a play breaks down and he runs out of the pocket where he has been able to pick up first downs. He really has stepped up in unfavorable situations. Last spring he was not the starter and was asked to fix/mop up a broken ship, and then the same thing happened this year as well. He has proven to be a team first guy and I have never heard of him having a bad attitude about not getting the starting nod in the beginning of this season. I am all in on the guy myself. He has never been a liability to the team and the team is playing better every week and getting stronger. Just like the teams of the past.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Miller reminds me of a mix of Walker/Jensen. More mobile than Walker/less than Jensen...but much like the EWU playoff loss for Jensen, Miller took the whole weight of the loss to Sam Houston on his shoulders and put in the work to get better.
    That's a pretty good take, TAB. I've been telling my son how much he reminds me of Brock......not quite the gem in the rough recruiting storying that Brock had, but yet he was the completely overlooked one coming into the year of the big 3. Heck, he keeps playing at a high level, and we could have another Brock/Carson situation where Peyton has to bide his time.

Switching gears a bit, Quincy sure seems like a nice young man, but his time as featured QB is done unless he wants to go D2 or garbage FCS team. I hope he is willing to learn a new position.....may be a tough pill to swallow, but I'd move him to TE or WR and he will shine once he gets technique figured out. Note to mention, you could have a lot of fun with gadget plays if he is out there regularly.......(bring him on an end around you've run with him 2-3 times, and instead have him chuck it deep.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    One thing that Ross Uglem mentioned on his podcast that I may not have previously taken note of, Cam Miller is the highest rated recruit in program history. I guess because he was probably going to sit behind Trey for a few years and then got thrown in as a true freshman out of his depth, it wasn't obvious. This kid should probably be Brock Jensen to Cole Payton's Carson Wentz.
    Was he the highest rated at the time we went after him? I thought that Cole Payton was rated higher last year?
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Was he the highest rated at the time we went after him? I thought that Cole Payton was rated higher last year?
    Here is the top 10... Cam is now #2 behind Hegerle. 2021 class doesn't have rankings loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Ross has been clear it was "at the time."

He's looking really good.