Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. South Dakota

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU vs. South Dakota

#4 North Dakota State Bison (9-1, 6-1 MVFC) vs. #16 South Dakota Coyotes (7-3, 5-2 MVFC)
    Saturday, November 20, 2021 · 2:30 p.m. · Fargodome · Fargo, ND

TV: The statewide ABC network of WDAY (Fargo), WDAZ (Grand Forks), KBMY (Bismarck/Dickinson) and KMCY (Minot/Williston) will have live coverage beginning at 2:30 p.m. with Dom Izzo (play-by-play), Kyle Emanuel (analyst) and Logan Campbell (sideline). The broadcast will also be available to ESPN+ subscribers on ESPN.com and the ESPN app.
    RADIO: Coverage begins at 1:30 p.m. on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network including Bison 1660 and 107.9 The Fox in Fargo with Jeff Culhane (play-by-play), Phil Hansen (analyst) and Cole Jirik (sideline). Extended coverage locally on Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 10:30-11:30, "Bison Game Day" from 11:30-1:30 and the "Bison Hotline" call-in show following the network broadcast.

Tailgating Weather: Sunny skies. High 37F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

Game Previews
    NDSU Game Preview
    South Dakota Game Preview
    Missouri Valley Weekly Release

The Fargo Forum
    McFeely: Five things to watch in the Bison-South Dakota game

The Analyst FCS/HERO Sports
    10 Important Games to Know in FCS Football This Week
    FCS: Week 12 Notable Games And How To Watch
    FCS Week 12 Predictions: Montana State-Montana, Monmouth-Kennesaw, Sac State-UC Davis + More
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. South Dakota

Let’s claim the outright title and get a seed where all paths to Frisco go through Fargo! It’s coyote hunting season!

Bison: 31
    Wile E. Coyote: 14
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Win or not I just want to avoid palming my head over and over because of dumb offensive play calling.
    Cam Miller 84 Coyotes 0.
    Insert picture of Willie Coyote sitting on a rocket holding a sign about dieing.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I want to see the Bison OL show up against a solid DL for a change. Despite what some say on his fan site, the Yotes DL is solid and they have two very good LBs. They have the #2 run defense in FCS I think.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Usd at half time. Screenshot_20211120-062608_Chrome.jpg
    Someone posted this the other day as well but I think you have to pressure their quarterback put him on the ground as many times as possible. If he doesnt feel safe his throws won't be.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

The Yotes hang tough for a half but the ferocious Bison pass rush knocks Camp out of the game in the 3rd quarter and the Bison run game wears down the Yote defense from there on out in a 29-10 Bison win.

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- QB Carson Camp - I remember posting about him in the MVFC recruiting thread, it caught my eye that the Coyotes were going right into Illinois State’s backyard and recruiting him, being the 1st to offer.
    But Coach ‘Stache had to know what he was doing, right???
    Just think how the Redbirds could have used him this season……

- The young South Dakota OL versus the veteran NDSU DL……
    LT Alex Johnsen - 6’ 7” 280 JR
    LG Joey Lombard - 6’ 5” 340 RFr
    C Kian Rexroat-Potts - 6’ 7” 325 Soph
    RG Isaac Erbes - 6’ 5” 335 Soph
    RT Siler Tschirhart - 6’ 8” 280 - RFr

Can they keep Carson Camp Clean???
    With that size, they might try running inside the tackles, hoping to slow down the Bison pass rush.

- RB Travis Theis - He looks willing on those inside, physical runs. Can he do it today?
    Theis was a 4.5ish looking guy coming out of high school (Pratt KS). Now he is up to a listed 215 and looks to have kept most of his speed. With USD’s slower RPO Shotgun style, can he reach the edge against NDSU? That would help keep the running game from being one-dimensional. (I’m guessing Camp won’t have many designed QB run plays with his injury others have mentioned)
    The Bison were involved with Theis’ recruiting, but never pulled the trigger on an offer.

- Can the Bison generate pressure with just the DL?
    Maybe throw in some stunting, see how quick the feet are on those Young ‘Yote OL?
    Or do they need some blitz looks?

- And, as always, how is the play-calling today?
    I’ve been a believer, since the Bob Babich days, that the Bison need to establish the pass to help establish the run……
    At least against the good teams, especially conference teams familiar with what NDSU does……
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-20-2021 at 12:32 PM.

Our o-line needs to set the tone early. Cut down on the negative penetration plays on early downs. Roehl can help with good play calls to keep us out of 3rd and long.

Bison win 27-16.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Hey. Hey you. Yes, you.

It's motha fucking game day. Let's go got our fucking outright conference title back, and homefield all the way to Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Hey. Hey you. Yes, you.

It's motha fucking game day. Let's go got our fucking outright conference title back, and homefield all the way to Frisco.
    I approve this message.