Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona

Default Re: Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    In 14 we lost to Kent state by one but a week earlier we beat Akron. Otherwise we best Missouri state back to back years but no idea how good they were those years
    It was Akron then, I think they were decent. Like I said the fact that I can't remember speaks volumes in regards to how good that win was. I won't even get upset anymore, what is the point really? The turd polishers will come out babbling about how nothing matters except SF and talk about Dave's overall record, SD will get more negative, Chapo will be Chapo....It is what it is. I have embraced the non-conference suck and always being a 15 or 16 seed if we make the dance. The season is more enjoyable this way.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

First time I've ever posted on a Bison Basketball thread. Loose by 50. Is it me?

Chapo fix the jet stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    This program has regressed so far under Richman. It's astounding how this is allowed... If this was football, Entz would be tarred and feathered on Broadway. But it's basketball, so it's ok to look like we are division 3. Richman does not belong as a D1 coach. For you Richman Bobos and the "only games that matter are the 3 days in Sioux Falls" mindset, go back to division 2. I'm tired of this.
    Luckily for Dave two things have happened that has made the program look better than it was:

The annual Sioux Falls Heimlich Seminar that SDSU puts on and the regression of the Summit as a whole
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Relax guys - 3 games in 5 days without our starting point guard all on the road who had surgery the day before. It is still November 16th - it is a long season.

A couple positives came out of road trip - it seems we might need to move Harden Hayes back into starting lineup, he is one of the guys that stepped up today and yesterday from what I was watching. Morgan should be just fine playing big minutes later on this season. He needs way more work on pick an roll defense but I think he has the tools just needs to game speed reps.

It showed that Nelson still has a lot to learn as he shot a combined (3/17) against UNLV and AZ. These are good games for him early in the season to work thru how athletic guys are.

2018 we got destroyed at Gonzaga by about 40 similar to this one in November (with Vinnie) - later on that year we played Zion and Duke in the NCAA tournament.

I saw this on Sammy from Twitter too.
    (11/12/2021)
    Sam Griesel had successful surgery this afternoon in San Luis Obispo to repair an internal abdominal issue. He will continue to be monitored by medical staff, and we expect a full recovery.

You can't say the Summit is down when a team went to the Sweet 16 last year....KC just beat Missouri and SDSU is pretty dang good this year. The bottom is pretty bad with Denver/Western/Tommies, but UND just beat Montana.

Luckily for Dave two things have happened that has made the program look better than it was:

The annual Sioux Falls Heimlich Seminar that SDSU puts on and the regression of the Summit as a whole
    Dave actually does really well in SF, he does well in conference play as well. Not sure if the routine and familiarity of conference play gives him some kind of edge or what is going on. We always start so slow.

I do get we are down Sam but this was three straight clunkers. Hope to see the team get home and take care of Idaho and Tarleton like they should.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Relax guys - 3 games in 5 days without our starting point guard all on the road who had surgery the day before. It is still November 16th - it is a long season.

A couple positives came out of road trip - it seems we might need to move Harden Hayes back into starting lineup, he is one of the guys that stepped up today and yesterday from what I was watching. Morgan should be just fine playing big minutes later on this season. He needs way more work on pick an roll defense but I think he has the tools just needs to game speed reps.

It showed that Nelson still has a lot to learn as he shot a combined (3/17) against UNLV and AZ. These are good games for him early in the season to work thru how athletic guys are.

2018 we got destroyed at Gonzaga by about 40 similar to this one in November (with Vinnie) - later on that year we played Zion and Duke in the NCAA tournament.

I saw this on Sammy from Twitter too.
    (11/12/2021)
    Sam Griesel had successful surgery this afternoon in San Luis Obispo to repair an internal abdominal issue. He will continue to be monitored by medical staff, and we expect a full recovery.

You can't say the Summit is down when a team went to the Sweet 16 last year....KC just beat Missouri and SDSU is pretty dang good this year. The bottom is pretty bad with Denver/Western/Tommies, but UND just beat Montana.
    Lol let’s see here…

The Zags were ranked #1 in the country, vs. Arizona who is picked 4/5 in the PAC 12 this year - is Arizona even in the top 25?
    You’re comparing to a year where we were bad enough that we were one of the four worst teams in the tournament? This is supposed to be an outstanding year for us where we have oodles of talent and depth for days.
    Didn’t they get snowed in at an airport before the Gonzaga game? I remember them getting in at like 4am the day of the game or something crazy. Travel wasn’t perfect this time either I suppose, but we literally chose to do that. No excuses.
    Saying the summit hasn’t been sliding for 6 or 7 years because ORU had an awesome tournament run is ridiculous. You know that.

This is embarrassing for our program. Getting clowned by 52 by a mediocre Pac12 team is something UND pulls, we are better than this.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave actually does really well in SF, he does well in conference play as well. Not sure if the routine and familiarity of conference play gives him some kind of edge or what is going on. We always start so slow.

I do get we are down Sam but this was three straight clunkers. Hope to see the team get home and take care of Idaho and Tarleton like they should.
    Yes, Dave does really well in Sioux Falls and our conference record is usually pretty good.

I think that says more about the summit and less about Dave having some magic Summit Conference pixie dust
    *one day later*

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes, Dave does really well in Sioux Falls and our conference record is usually pretty good.

I think that says more about the summit and less about Dave having some magic Summit Conference pixie dust
    Amen. Couldn't agree more.

It only took me 4 games to lose my excitement for this team. On a 0 to 10 scale, my GAF factor is 0.

I'm glad I quit watching after we were down by 10 within a few minutes but we looked like Concordia vs the Dream Team

This team won't even finish .500. Mark it down.. The biggest over hyped pile of garbage in the history of our program

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

It is so awesome having these 6' 10" players stand around the arc on offense. Like what's the point? I lost interest towards the beginning with Nelson dribbling to the basket multiple times and gets the ball stolen every time. He might as well be 6 foot nothing if he's going to dribble and hang around arc all day. We don't seem to run back all the way on defense. Our guards run back and guard the arc and let their big guys get layups down low on their fast breaks. Bold strategy, Cotton! Yes, these guys looked tired, a lot of tired looking jump shots, but this was ugly performance.