Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Arizona

Default Re: Arizona

Here's this thing that drives me crazy. I hear folks say, "Oh, these games are just to get better and you can't expect to win." Okay, yes maybe that is true with Arizona, but NOT UNLV. They need to win that game. Further, they should be competitive with weaker P5 teams, and we just haven't seen that. (I think that AZ is going to be really good and are better than current projections and are not a weak P5 team.) Why? Well, for me, just getting into the NCAA is not good enough for me. I want to have a decent seed so we can win that first game......and you don't get a good seed unless you win some of these games.

So, here we go again.....yep, we very well may manage to win in Sioux Falls, and be stuck with a 15 or 16 seed, or even worse, have to play in. That is not good enough for me; I want to win a game. Is that too much to ask?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is just one game and things happen all the time to derail one game. However, Richman has just been average and his biggest problems have been his goofy substitutions (alienating certain players and not getting the most out of them), his lack of a decent offense and even pushing the tempo at times, and his inability to have great guard play which is the most critical in college BB especially at the smaller schools. The schools that beat big teams or make it extra rounds always have great guard play.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Here's this thing that drives me crazy. I hear folks say, "Oh, these games are just to get better and you can't expect to win." Okay, yes maybe that is true with Arizona, but NOT UNLV. They need to win that game. Further, they should be competitive with weaker P5 teams, and we just haven't seen that. (I think that AZ is going to be really good and are better than current projections and are not a weak P5 team.) Why? Well, for me, just getting into the NCAA is not good enough for me. I want to have a decent seed so we can win that first game......and you don't get a good seed unless you win some of these games.

So, here we go again.....yep, we very well may manage to win in Sioux Falls, and be stuck with a 15 or 16 seed, or even worse, have to play in. That is not good enough for me; I want to win a game. Is that too much to ask?
    No it is not too much to ask.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Unfortunately when Dave pulls his Summit tourney magic, the selection committee certainly does remember what happened in November

To the play-in game, dilly dilly!
    Yes, It may affect our seed one or two spots maximum if we win the Summit. Bottom line reality of NDSU basketball and our conference. Making the NCAA is considered a very successful season. One and done in the dance is the norm. ORU doubled our all time conference tourney wins last year!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

Most fans have unrealistic expectations of their teams, so no, it’s not too much to ask!
    Going to make an early prediction here. If we don’t get better guard play we will be at home watching the dance. Where is our Woodside, Lawrence or Vinny?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It only took me 4 games to lose my excitement for this team. On a 0 to 10 scale, my GAF factor is 0.

I'm glad I quit watching after we were down by 10 within a few minutes but we looked like Concordia vs the Dream Team

This team won't even finish .500. Mark it down.. The biggest over hyped pile of garbage in the history of our program
    whoa whoa slow down, hoss!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    whoa whoa slow down, hoss!
    Yeah, I’d pump the brakes there too. If you superimpose a typical start for this program on top of what they are going through with Sam, this isn’t at all surprising. If they’d smoked through this road trip, I’d be nervous as hell about karma and the FB team …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Yeah, I’d pump the brakes there too. If you superimpose a typical start for this program on top of what they are going through with Sam, this isn’t at all surprising. If they’d smoked through this road trip, I’d be nervous as hell about karma and the FB team …
    You're right, this isn't unprecedented. It's become the expectation.

And that's the problem
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Most fans have unrealistic expectations of their teams, so no, it’s not too much to ask!
    Going to make an early prediction here. If we don’t get better guard play we will be at home watching the dance. Where is our Woodside, Lawrence or Vinny?
    I 100% agree with this. Crazy part is we have all the other pieces to be an outstanding mid-major. Nelson has a ways to go, but you can see the talent; he is just young. And my goodness, Andrew Morgan is going to be a force to be reckoned with. That kid is one of the best Dave recruits I've seen. But none of this matters if we can't find a great point like we used to have. Even with Sam back, he is not a point guard......he is playing out of position due to necessity. He is really a 3, and putting him at point really wastes his ability for garbage stuff which is his forte.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    You're right, this isn't unprecedented. It's become the expectation.

And that's the problem
    I think what you are saying is still quite a bit different from "This team won't even finish .500. Mark it down.. The biggest over hyped pile of garbage in the history of our program"