Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Arizona

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by norm4life View Post
    It is so awesome having these 6' 10" players stand around the arc on offense. Like what's the point? I lost interest towards the beginning with Nelson dribbling to the basket multiple times and gets the ball stolen every time. He might as well be 6 foot nothing if he's going to dribble and hang around arc all day. We don't seem to run back all the way on defense. Our guards run back and guard the arc and let their big guys get layups down low on their fast breaks. Bold strategy, Cotton! Yes, these guys looked tired, a lot of tired looking jump shots, but this was ugly performance.
    Spot on with all of this, but especially the bold part. Possibly the tallest/longest team in NDSU history and everyone wanders around the three point line lost. And don't give me the response "Arizona is really tall". The same thing has happened at Cal Poly & UNLV, whom NDSU had the size advantage.

This game was probably a fluke. Or a really bad matchup.
    This Bison can't be a lot different talent wise than the Oral Roberts sweet 16 team last year.
    You never know how about the Northern State 2017 team they took Arizona State to OT. A 98 90 loss.
    Being D1 you can only dream about having a year like they did that year.
    36-4. D2 of course is different. Oral Roberts is the example.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Soooo… what is the worst loss in the D1 era? I would assume we’re headed there in this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A quick internet search shows this Arizona game was the worst in NDSU's D1 history. Next closest being a 42 point loss to #1 ranked Gonzaga in 2018.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Ice the knees and drain the three's.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    With entz and roehl being fbs slayers ?
    I can only dream. Not to mention anytime the Bison get ahead by 3 TDs they go into dive play every play mode.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Relax guys - 3 games in 5 days without our starting point guard all on the road who had surgery the day before. It is still November 16th - it is a long season.

A couple positives came out of road trip - it seems we might need to move Harden Hayes back into starting lineup, he is one of the guys that stepped up today and yesterday from what I was watching. Morgan should be just fine playing big minutes later on this season. He needs way more work on pick an roll defense but I think he has the tools just needs to game speed reps.

It showed that Nelson still has a lot to learn as he shot a combined (3/17) against UNLV and AZ. These are good games for him early in the season to work thru how athletic guys are.

2018 we got destroyed at Gonzaga by about 40 similar to this one in November (with Vinnie) - later on that year we played Zion and Duke in the NCAA tournament.

I saw this on Sammy from Twitter too.
    (11/12/2021)
    Sam Griesel had successful surgery this afternoon in San Luis Obispo to repair an internal abdominal issue. He will continue to be monitored by medical staff, and we expect a full recovery.

You can't say the Summit is down when a team went to the Sweet 16 last year....KC just beat Missouri and SDSU is pretty dang good this year. The bottom is pretty bad with Denver/Western/Tommies, but UND just beat Montana.
    I get where you're coming from but this team was supposed to have depth, experience, and skilled bigs who could hold their own with high major teams to finally put together a quality non-conference resume. Missing one key player in Griesel shouldn't make that huge of a difference. I'm a lot less optimistic about this team than I was a week ago. They still have chances to salvage the OOC season but seems like another year where the best we can hope for is improvement into the conference season and ultimately the conference tournament. I was hopeful this year would be more "complete" in that regard.

Also, that 2018 team had no seniors and was replacing a ton from a team that wasn't particularly good the year before. This year they've got everyone returning, including 3 senior starters, from a team that took sweet 16 ORU to the brink in the conference tourney final last year.

Also extremely disappointed in the scale of the blowout, but holy shit was that Arizona team talented. Again a horrible night shooting which I think made the loss as big as it was. They just miss so many open looks.

Only games that matter are the 3 in March in Sioux Falls. Remember that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ugly game. Our starting Point Guard had 6 turnovers and 3 points! There is a reason Sam has been playing the Point.
    Lots of overreacting here! The good news is, it’s just one game, we have 25 left on our schedule before the tournament. Its a long season and in hoops people don’t remember what you did in November, they remember what you do in March!

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Ugly game. Our starting Point Guard had 6 turnovers and 3 points! There is a reason Sam has been playing the Point.
    Lots of overreacting here! The good news is, it’s just one game, we have 25 left on our schedule before the tournament. Its a long season and in hoops people don’t remember what you did in November, they remember what you do in March!
    Unfortunately when Dave pulls his Summit tourney magic, the selection committee certainly does remember what happened in November

To the play-in game, dilly dilly!
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*