Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Senior Day

Default Re: 2021 Senior Day

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I am excited for them all to be back. I just wonder how this will affect the current kids on our roster. We have a lot of kids that have been waiting their turn as a chance to start. For example, Rock and Miller at tackle. Hopefully we don't see a bunch of guys end up in the portal because they aren't inline to start. I just think of Dom Jones, starting free safety in the spring, sits behind Weber this fall and next. Granted he plays a lot in sub-packages. Another kid like Julian Wlodarczyk, who had has shirt pulled a couple years ago. He has to sit behind Tutsie for a third straight year.

Hope we don't see a bunch of underclassmen hit the portal. On the flip side, I would like us to add a portal DE and/or DT. DE in particular with losing McCormick and Thomas. Also Waege coming off an injury.
    I was never big on transfers but after seeing how good Brayden Thomas has been, my view has been changed at that position

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    When was the last time a starter was beat out for his spot? Seems we heavily favor seniority. Look at the o line and kubas being worked all year. In the spring we looked better after he went down and zabel came in. Right back to kubas when this year.
    Definitely agree that it seems seniority rules for starting positions. I think there is a lot of positive that can come of that especially for a program that is built on bringing in kids and building them into high level players. Seeing those around them grind and eventually get quality time on the field has to keep them going through the first years when so many are questioning what the hell they got themselves into.

That being said, it is frustrating in other ways too. All in all I would think it's about playing time and impact to the team. Oline is different but a position like WR you don't have to start to have a big impact on the games/team.

We will have a really good roster next year with many super seniors. Glad to see so many come back Hopefully we can sway a couple more but overall this is great news

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Speaking of seniors, Bison have just as many on this list as Goldy. Bucky has 1 more at 3
    https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...32308645093381

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but Gindorff has been invited to the NFLPABowl...

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...66298869477383
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I was never big on transfers but after seeing how good Brayden Thomas has been, my view has been changed at that position
    doesn't hurt was a ND kid to begin with

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    There is a big difference from a transfer that has succeeded (even at the D2 level) to one that can't make it on an FBS squad. Most of the FBS squad players are coming to us from teams that are not that different from us. A lot of people think they are so much better because of the B in FBS instead of the C but reality is that just isn't true.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Per McFeely, Babicz will forego next year and focus on the nfl.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Has he gotten much attention. I know Gindorff has.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I wouldn't trust anything loser McFooly says.