Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Senior Day

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2021 Senior Day

Posted this in the USD pregame thread, but thought it deserved it's own. List of our seniors scheduled to participate in senior day vs. those that appear to be coming back. Tucker is undecided at this point.

senior class.jpg

Default Re: 2021 Senior Day

Wow, there's a lot of history in this class. The only guy who I don't have years of memories of is Luke LaCilento and Gabe Lloyd - and that's because they transferred in.

I know there is a topic already about this, but who out of these seniors is definitely coming back?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I know there is a topic already about this, but who out of these seniors is definitely coming back?
    According to Entz today, he expects all to come back not participating in senior day. Tucker sounds like he’s still undecided. In the chart, if senior day is blank he expects them to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    According to Entz today, he expects all to come back not participating in senior day. Tucker sounds like he’s still undecided.
    Well if I was able to offer Lane any advice I would say this:

1 - do you have a reasonable shot at advancing to the next level?
    yes - are you ready for that?
    yes - graduate and get going.
    no - come back, work hard, play hard, don't get injured
    no - come back, work hard, play hard, train the fledglings and enjoy the memories. You can always go to work full time in one year from now and you will never again be able to do this football thing as a player at this level*.

2 - there is no 2! Who said anything about 2???!! Dammit! Just who if the fuck said anything about 1 and suggested there was a damn 2?

But hey, it's not my life, it's his life.

* - yeah I know 'kato that this don't fit your sorry story but, like it or not, fact is this is a pretty high level in the grand scheme. **
    ** - TAB, looking for some positive strokes here. How's my footnote game?

On WDAY sports at 6:00 three senior names were mentioned as known to be coming back, missed the 1st one but Jasir Cox and Josh Babicz were the other 2. Eleven seniors mentioned as part of Senior Day.

Edit: James Kaczor is the 1st name mentioned

https://www.inforum.com/sports/72842...-for-Nov.-15th
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-16-2021 at 10:58 AM.

As a Bison fan was happy to see one of the senior “Rams With Wings”,
    TE Josh Babicz, is choosing to return. Always nice to have that 6’ 6” 250 presence at TE…

Here is Kolpack’s article on Senior Day:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...RHOL9k.twitter

Again mentioned is 11 Senior participants in Senior Day.
    10 Seniors look like they are returning, possibly one more Jay already mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Here is Kolpack’s article on Senior Day:

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...RHOL9k.twitter

Again mentioned is 11 Senior participants in Senior Day.
    10 Seniors look like they are returning, possibly one more Jay already mentioned.
    This is fantastic news. I was hoping for the guys who never redshirted like Cox, Kaczor, and Sproles to return but this is a landslide of returning talent. That's 7 defensive starters (if Tucker returns and you include Waege) and 3.5 offensive starters (Babicz being the half) coming back just in this group. All up that's potentially 16.5 of 22 starters returning in 2022... I'll take that!

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am excited for them all to be back. I just wonder how this will affect the current kids on our roster. We have a lot of kids that have been waiting their turn as a chance to start. For example, Rock and Miller at tackle. Hopefully we don't see a bunch of guys end up in the portal because they aren't inline to start. I just think of Dom Jones, starting free safety in the spring, sits behind Weber this fall and next. Granted he plays a lot in sub-packages. Another kid like Julian Wlodarczyk, who had has shirt pulled a couple years ago. He has to sit behind Tutsie for a third straight year.

Hope we don't see a bunch of underclassmen hit the portal. On the flip side, I would like us to add a portal DE and/or DT. DE in particular with losing McCormick and Thomas. Also Waege coming off an injury.