Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Gdt @ unlv 11/15

Default Re: Gdt @ unlv 11/15

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It was a big mismatch on him athletically. He was OK but that turnover inside a minute was huge
    The Hamilton kid is pretty damn good, was in the NBA draft processs, as well at the transfer portal this offseason but opted to return. Really tough guard for Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Missed opportunity, thats the way this team has to look at it. Dez will learn from this, we miss Sam in that final situation. Dez had Cook in the corner or a drop back to Rocky but opeted to try and make a play at the rim, unfortunately that exactly what UNLV wanted him to do.

Doesnt get any easier tomorrow, at Arizona but presents another opportunity.
    I'm just not seeing the answer at PG yet. I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer on Dez and was hoping Guy would lap him but he really struggled against higher competition and I still think Dez has a long way to go. Need Sam back ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'm just not seeing the answer at PG yet. I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer on Dez and was hoping Guy would lap him but he really struggled against higher competition and I still think Dez has a long way to go. Need Sam back ASAP.
    I agree we need Sam back at PG. Dez is way way ahead of Guy however. Guy looks lost with heavy and slow feet for a PG. Dez needs to improve his all around game but at least he can play some D and draw some fouls with his driving ability.

Unfortunately with Sam's injury thats a spot where there just isnt much experience right now. Dez will improve with more run, but there will be growing pains. Guy just doesnt look comfortable yet and struggles to defend athletic gaurds. Certainly the quicker Sam is back the better we will be but this also hopefully allows Dez and Guy to be a better verison once he is back.

This ^^^^^^^^

Yeah I was really hoping that these games would show that we can afford to have Griesel not play point and that Dez and Willie were ready. Obviously the opposite has happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    We went toe to toe with a mediocre mid major team. But I think UNLV will be a force by the end of the year. Really athletic
    UNLV is technically a high-major team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think our non-Sam point guard will improve. Its only game 3.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I thought the loss was disappointing. That's a game we could have and should have won. With Griesel out I would like to see Cook get more aggressive. I noticed a play early where there was a drive and kick to him in the corner and he passed up an open 3. Morgans early post move looked really good. He will play more tonight as Zona has some size. Guy looked overwhelmed bringing the ball up. I dont have a problem with Dez playing hes a good distributor but not a very good shooter.

Sleeping on it. NDSU could've drew up a better play, we even had a timeout left to do so.
    Yes NDSU still shouldve won this game even without Sam, Id like to see more Rocky & Grant on the same side of offense.

there was only 2 FOR SURE losses this year (zona,creighton) if we want to be a rock star mid major and go 26-2 or 25-3 and get a #11 or #10 seed.
    That's why its important to win these G5 games or 1 of our 2 power conference games.
    assuming there will be 1 loss in conference its 24-4 right now for best record which would be terrific

If we would of lost that game by 10, we'd be more worried, lets go get this Zona game over then rattle off 10-11 wins.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?