Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Game 11 Preview: The Coyotes

Default Re: 2021 Game 11 Preview: The Coyotes

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've got no idea. In that scenario, if NDSU isn't the 2 seed, I'd prefer the 4 seed. NDSU doesn't get to play the "disrespected" card very often.
    I agree with you. I think 4 seed would be better than 3 seed.

Montana State plays @Montana this weekend. Let's hope for a Griz win to give us the 2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I've got no idea. In that scenario, if NDSU isn't the 2 seed, I'd prefer the 4 seed. NDSU doesn't get to play the "disrespected" card very often.
    If Montana St wins on Saturday I wouldn't by surprised to see them get the #1 seed. As fun as it would be to see NDSU potentially go back to the Bozeman, the site of the original D1 playoff road beatdown, I'd kinda like to see them get another crack at the Kats in Huntsville but this time with a fully stocked team.

I mentioned this in another thread but the last time the top seed out of the MVFC wasn't in the top 2 was 2010. And that isn't just NDSU in that timeframe as Illinois St and SDSU have kept that going in years NDSU didn't. If NDSU can win the MVFC outright at 10-1 I wouldn't be shocked to see the committee bump them over a 10-0 Sam Houston into the top 2 even if Montana St wins.

If I'm Coach Entz, Before the game I tell Tyler Roehl, We need that #2 seed and putting up 50 points and annihilating the coyotes might propel us there. then turns to the players and says.. we turning this bitch up to 11. let's gooo
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If Montana St wins on Saturday I wouldn't by surprised to see them get the #1 seed. As fun as it would be to see NDSU potentially go back to the Bozeman, the site of the original D1 playoff road beatdown, I'd kinda like to see them get another crack at the Kats in Huntsville but this time with a fully stocked team.

I mentioned this in another thread but the last time the top seed out of the MVFC wasn't in the top 2 was 2010. And that isn't just NDSU in that timeframe as Illinois St and SDSU have kept that going in years NDSU didn't. If NDSU can win the MVFC outright at 10-1 I wouldn't be shocked to see the committee bump them over a 10-0 Sam Houston into the top 2 even if Montana St wins.
    The only thing I myself care about if we don't get the #2 seed is that I hope we get paired up with SHSU. So they can be #2 and we could be #3, or they can be #1 and we can be #4. My reasoning for this is that I don't think they will make it to the semifinal game. And that would give us home field throughout. But either way, if numbers do impress the committee, we need to beat up on USD and that is final. Continue the play calling we had against YSU, and feed #44 and #22 the ball 25 times or so between them we should roll. My thought is we need a 21+ point beat down on them in order to impress.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    This chart makes the USD loss to ISU-Red even more stark.
    Carson Camp went out with a concussion early in their loss to ISUr, I'm sure that played a major role in the loss

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Carson Camp went out with a concussion early in their loss to ISUr, I'm sure that played a major role in the loss
    Listening to the radio broadcaster for the Yotes on Monday. Camp is far from 100%. His non-throwing shoulder is causing him a lot of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Listening to the radio broadcaster for the Yotes on Monday. Camp is far from 100%. His non-throwing shoulder is causing him a lot of issues.
    He gutted it out last Saturday. Left the game at least once that I saw and that was on a fairly harmless looking hit where he landed on his left shoulder. I'd imagine they'll have a quick hook for him if NDSU builds a good lead knowing that they're already in the playoffs and will be playing next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He gutted it out last Saturday. Left the game at least once that I saw and that was on a fairly harmless looking hit where he landed on his left shoulder. I'd imagine they'll have a quick hook for him if NDSU builds a good lead knowing that they're already in the playoffs and will be playing next week.
    I you know the NDSU guys will be told to hit him as hard as they can, whenever it will be a clean hit.......for example, they run read option, you need to make him pay even if he hands off.

Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Harvest bowl next week, so I assume we are wearing the harvest helmets and likely the yellow jerseys. We have never lost wearing either of those! Anyone know our record wearing the yellows or the harvest helmet? I honestly do not.
    https://gobison.com/news/2021/11/15/...all-title.aspx

A LOOK THAT'S HARD TO BEAT: NDSU will wear its green "Harvest Helmet" and alternate gold jerseys for the first time since the January 2020 national championship win over James Madison. NDSU is 33-0 in gold jerseys since their first appearance in the 2011 season opener, 20-0 in green helmets since their November 2015 debut, and 14-0 in the gold jersey/green helmet combo.