Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I don't know why anyone ever cares how many teams the Valley get is. I only care if one team gets in.
    Because playoffs are way more fun playing good games, not blowouts, but yes I do agree

Just sad seeing the National voters try to rationalize shitty teams records because they love to pump the little guys
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Because playoffs are way more fun playing good games, not blowouts, but yes I do agree

Just sad seeing the National voters try to rationalize shitty teams records because they love to pump the little guys
    I actually think they truly don't understand the level of play is as drastically different from conference to conference.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Say that the Valley gets 4, 5, or 6 teams in the playoffs and the committee puts all of them on NDSU's side of the bracket, since I don't think anybody else is going to get seeded. Will that be the final straw of FCS football for NDSU? Sorry for hi-jacking another thread for FBS crap, but I don't want to see all the teams from our conference in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Say that the Valley gets 4, 5, or 6 teams in the playoffs and the committee puts all of them on NDSU's side of the bracket, since I don't think anybody else is going to get seeded. Will that be the final straw of FCS football for NDSU? Sorry for hi-jacking another thread for FBS crap, but I don't want to see all the teams from our conference in the playoffs.
    Meh ... committee has done a fair job in last few years IMO. Things could change, but I’m not about to worry about it at this point. NDSU gets plenty of respect.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I actually think they truly don't understand the level of play is as drastically different from conference to conference.
    You’re absolutely spot on. I’ve seen coaches from the Big Sky and CAA both refer to their conferences as The SEC of FCS this year
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Missouri State has a pretty good shot of snagging a seed

Any conference with 5 or more playoff teams can't have all their teams on one side of the bracket. The rule was implemented after all 5 MVFC playoff teams were on the same side of the bracket in 2015.

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Any conference with 5 or more playoff teams can't have all their teams on one side of the bracket. The rule was implemented after all 5 MVFC playoff teams were on the same side of the bracket in 2015.
    Will be some great MVFC vs Big sky games the first round. Like SDSU at Montana and similar. While the CAA gets to play shit teams the first two rounds.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    Will be some great MVFC vs Big sky games the first round. Like SDSU at Montana and similar. While the CAA gets to play shit teams the first two rounds.
    Yeah but they lose those games sometimes, which is hilarious

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Meh ... committee has done a fair job in last few years IMO. Things could change, but I’m not about to worry about it at this point. NDSU gets plenty of respect.
    Yep, the committee rarely makes egregious mistakes. If our biggest complaint is that we were a 3 seed in '15, then we really don't have that much to whine about. As for meeting SDSU so many times, well. Regionalization is a thing. We can dislike it if we want, but it exists anyway.