Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Who does Matt go to bay for if the Fhawkers win? Both teams don’t get in if UND wins do they? But how do you leave UND out if they both have 6 wins and UND beats the jackasses at home? Either way the gnashing of teeth will be enjoyable, particularly more enjoyable if they are both left out.
    Teams that aren't above .500 in their conference don't belong in the playoffs unless they went 3-0 non-conference and beat a P5 school and/or a seeded FCS team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I asked Dom Izzo via Twitter before the game what happens in the unlikely event SDSU lost to USD and UND....he felt they'd still be in with just 6 DI wins. I guess it depends on who else wins / loses.
    I think UNI would get in with 6. Beating Sdsu, SIU, Sac St and playing Iowa St tough and also playing us.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Teams that aren't above .500 in their conference don't belong in the playoffs unless they went 3-0 non-conference and beat a P5 school and/or a seeded FCS team.
    If SDSU wins, Valley gets 5 in. If they lose, SDSU, UND, and UNI will all have 6 qualifying wins and be 4-4 in the conference. Does SDSU get in ahead of both UNI and UND having lost to both? This assumes UNI beats WIU of course and that would be UNI doing UNI things to lose that game lol.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

And Missouri State would be 8-3 with a win next week

Who does Matt go to bay for if the Fhawkers win? Both teams don’t get in if UND wins do they? But how do you leave UND out if they both have 6 wins and UND beats the jackasses at home? Either way the gnashing of teeth will be enjoyable, particularly more enjoyable if they are both left out.
    I am sure that SDSU gets in even if they lose, but barely. However, if the selection committee follows the rankings ideas after SDSU beat NDSU and many had them ranked higher than the Bison you have to then rank UND above SDSU, and leave them out. Sure, SDSU beat CSU, but CSU has had a horrible year and only have 3 wins, so that does not say much. SDSU outside of the NDSU win has not done very well against teams in the top half of the MVFC.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

If SDSU wins, Valley gets 5 in. If they lose, SDSU, UND, and UNI will all have 6 qualifying wins and be 4-4 in the conference. Does SDSU get in ahead of both UNI and UND having lost to both? This assumes UNI beats WIU of course and that would be UNI doing UNI things to lose that game lol.
    Yeah, I'd say that first scenario is the only one in which the Valley gets five teams in. So, no, SDSU shouldn't get in ahead of UNI and UND because none of them would belong in the playoffs. That said, the committee loves the Bunnies.

I say this knowing full well that NDSU got into the playoffs as the third MVFC team after a .500 conference season back in 2010. However, even though NDSU went into the playoffs as the 3rd MVFC team, beat a P5, went undefeated in the OOC, no NDSU fans would have complained if NDSU had gotten left out.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yeah, I'd say that first scenario is the only one in which the Valley gets five teams in. So, no, SDSU shouldn't get in ahead of UNI and UND because none of them would belong in the playoffs. That said, the committee loves the Bunnies.

I say this knowing full well that NDSU got into the playoffs as the third MVFC team after a .500 conference season back in 2010. However, even though NDSU went into the playoffs as the 3rd MVFC team, beat a P5, went undefeated in the OOC, no NDSU fans would have complained if NDSU had gotten left out.
    .500 MVFC team belongs way more than ETSU and others, hell i still say any MVFC team gives SHSU a run

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Win the valley twice bro

That's fcs football eh

6 teams in the playoffs

Cool

Lardsin must go!

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Lmao what? There isn’t an ice cubes chance in hell they’d be in.
    exactly. just because they blew their wad against NDSU (yet again) doesn't mean they are better than their record indicates.

I don't know why anyone ever cares how many teams the Valley get is. I only care if one team gets in.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯