Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GDT vs. Concordia 11/9

Default Re: GDT vs. Concordia 11/9

This game in the 1st 5 minutes looked like The Dream Team vs some 3rd world country

Then they got bored

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Trying to temper my enthusiasm since it was Concordia but I'm pumped to see what this team can do. Rocky, Nelson, and Morgan are going to wreak havoc on big men in the Summit League this year... they're going to draw a lot of fouls and punish teams that don't get after it on the defensive glass.

I was also really impressed with Kallman... great court vision and looks like he can make teams pay if they leave him at the 3-point line. Guy had some nice passes as well but he also had a few WTF moments. Dez McKinney is going to be a defensive demon... which is good because there are some really good guards in this league he'll probably be tasked with defending. Hopefully as a group they can provide some relief to Griesel against teams that go full court pressure.

MHH also seems to be more controlled on the offensive end this year... he had a couple nice drives where he came to a jump stop and knocked down a little floater instead of flying at the rim. If he can develop some controlled confidence on the offensive end he could be a Tyson Ward lite type player (minus the post up ability).

Will be interesting if Sam will be able to go on Friday, not sure if he was sick or if he took a shot to the head in the first half but he was in noticeable discomfort on the bench in the second half. Hate to hear that about Eady, certainly whatever happened is out of charcter for him and hope we see him back soon. Our bigs are so good and talented. Watching Rocky, he is noticably better at getting position on the block, Id like to see our gaurds get it to him a little more when he gets the position. Kallman is just steady and will help with floor spacing. Definately a guy Dave can trust to be in the right spot and defend. Still need to see who will emerge in the backup pg duties. Both Dez and Willie had flashes and blunders tonight. Overall a lot to be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I love these old people sitting behind me. They are so into the team and know their shit. Especially the lady.
    that's gotta be the 2 couples that sat Baseline with unbison & me all those years at BSA. they were awesome
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    that's gotta be the 2 couples that sat Baseline with unbison & me all those years at BSA. they were awesome
    It is two couples!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    It is two couples!
    Yea… it was a couple couples
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Enjoy watching Grant Nelson play while he's here. His skill set for a 6'11" guy is something we're probably not going to see again at NDSU for a long time. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't since he could play for pretty much any college basketball team he wants to. I'd assume NBA scouts are going to start taking notice as well.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Yea… it was a couple couples
    Good of them to stick it out even after lakes. That's commitment.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Enjoy watching Grant Nelson play while he's here. His skill set for a 6'11" guy is something we're probably not going to see again at NDSU for a long time. Hopefully he sticks around but I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't since he could play for pretty much any college basketball team he wants to. I'd assume NBA scouts are going to start taking notice as well.
    Nelson is such a huge piece to this team. Total understatement. We have a lot of pieces and contributors. Hopefully Eady can get on the floor soon. 3 point shooting might still be a little bit of a concern, Kallman may be able to provide in that area. Very excited for this season.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Good game and saw a few more dunks like against Minot St. but really wanted to see a big time dunk by Hardin - Hayes!! Concordia had a pic in the program of their returning leading scorer but where was he? Their Nelson looked good for a freshman.
    Let's Go Bison!!!