Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT vs. Concordia 11/9

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT vs. Concordia 11/9

Finally college hoops season is here! Can't wait to get to the SHAC, get me some Mac Daddy's and a cold beer and TAKE IT TO MY SEAT and enjoy some live hoops. This should be a fun season. There's so many good games tonight, will likely be watching replays on ESPN+ the rest of the week until our next game on Friday.

Default Re: GDT vs. Concordia 11/9

I saw this note today. We use be rivals with Concordia.

Memorial Auditorium (Cobber fieldhouse) was completed in 1952. The first basketball game in the arena was played on Dec. 2, 1952 and attracted a crowd of 5,500 who watched the Cobber men defeat former cross-town rivals North Dakota State University 69-59.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    I saw this note today. We use be rivals with Concordia.

Memorial Auditorium (Cobber fieldhouse) was completed in 1952. The first basketball game in the arena was played on Dec. 2, 1952 and attracted a crowd of 5,500 who watched the Cobber men defeat former cross-town rivals North Dakota State University 69-59.
    Until 1962, NDSU played them a lot in football too. Cobbers won the last game in the series. REMATCH!

Looking forward to tonight. Want to see who emerges for the back up pg spot, we got a tease of Morgan last week cant wait to see him develop as the year goes along, lastly need some guards/wings to step up and hit some outside shots.

Go Bison

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I still think Greisel belongs off the ball. He's not a point guard, and I think we're wasting his true talents as a wing/slasher or around the paint. We just don't have that alpha point guard on this roster, like Vinnie was. It's the main weakness that concerns me this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I still think Greisel belongs off the ball. He's not a point guard, and I think we're wasting his true talents as a wing/slasher or around the paint. We just don't have that alpha point guard on this roster, like Vinnie was. It's the main weakness that concerns me this season.
    Definitely not a weakness for the way this team plays. They are better defensively with Griesel on the point, and for how good Sam was off the ball earlier in his career he shown last year that he's better with the ball and absolutely can create. Just don't give him a last shot clearout.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Until 1962, NDSU played them a lot in football too. Cobbers won the last game in the series. REMATCH!
    If they have a good team it wouldn't be that different than playing Valpo or Butler. It just has a different look because of the D1 vs. D3 designation.

BTW...the team that beat Valpo the week before the Bison was Indiana Wesleyan. They are now 8-1 and ranked #6 in NAIA. I worked their game last week and they were a very good team. They have a chance to make a run in the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nice start. Technical difficulties in Spanish on ESPN +.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Definitely not a weakness for the way this team plays. They are better defensively with Griesel on the point, and for how good Sam was off the ball earlier in his career he shown last year that he's better with the ball and absolutely can create. Just don't give him a last shot clearout.
    That's what I'm saying, offensively it's not his strong suit to be the primary ball handler and a perimeter scorer. Watching him shoot fade away 3's makes me cringe. He needs to attack the rim a lot more. But I agree with what you're saying on the defensive end of the floor. The height of NDSU's lineup when Sammy is at the point is almost Power 5 level.

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Nice start. Technical difficulties in Spanish on ESPN +.
    For those with an inforum sub… it’s working there.