Thread: A GOOD LOSS is the KEY TO SUCCESS

Default A GOOD LOSS is the KEY TO SUCCESS

I am a firm believer in sports teams to have a good loss especially in Football during a season.
    Very few Bison Championship Teams were undefeated, only 2 times did we go 15-0 Brock Jensen 2013, and 17-0 with Mr. Trey, otherwise 2016 were undefeated until Semi's and that tough loss to JMU. Over 10 years....unheard of...

I firmly believe these young men begin to think they are unbeatable, listen or read social media and take it all in, UNTIL they get hit in the mouth like they did in Brookings yesterday.

They didn't seem reeved up, they didn't show urgency, the coaches didn't help either.... Yet it was only a 1 touchdown difference in the end...

The best medicine for these cocky football players is HUMBLE PIE baby! This was a good loss, it hurts me as a fan, gotta hurt worse for them..

But as history shows a good loss during a good season has helped them get refocused on who they are, fundamentals which we need for eliminating penalties and 0 turnovers. We have always been a team that doesn't beat themselves, and we take advantage of other teams mistakes and score...
    Thats been our MO for years....

We got our asses kicked yesterday, players not ready to lay some wood to Jacks, and got beat substantially on both sides of the lines... We got BISONED!

SDSU has grown their program to meet ours and others are close behind, yet we have not taken the next step to be a super FBS type program.
    Sorry people, we are not a FBS program so get off that high horse, and until we are beating MVFC Teams by 20 points or more every game, we belong where we are. Its tough regional college football and we are a national power for sure.

Yep a good ass kickin yesterday should either help wake them up this week to improve, or it will show we don't have the guys who want to go the distance to win.....

Don't panic yet, but us fans sure see signs of issues both coaching and execution at a high level on this team this year for sure...

Default Re: A GOOD LOSS is the KEY TO SUCCESS

Were fine but we will never beat SDSU, JMU or Sam Houston by having ridiculous penalties that give them a free TD, blowing a coverage that leads to a long TD run, fumbling at key times in the game and sucking in the Red zone

But maybe the coaches want to consider getting back to pounding the rock like we used to.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post
    I am a firm believer in sports teams to have a good loss especially in Football during a season.
    Very few Bison Championship Teams were undefeated, only 2 times did we go 15-0 Brock Jensen 2013, and 17-0 with Mr. Trey, otherwise 2016 were undefeated until Semi's and that tough loss to JMU. Over 10 years....unheard of...

I firmly believe these young men begin to think they are unbeatable, listen or read social media and take it all in, UNTIL they get hit in the mouth like they did in Brookings yesterday.

They didn't seem reeved up, they didn't show urgency, the coaches didn't help either.... Yet it was only a 1 touchdown difference in the end...

The best medicine for these cocky football players is HUMBLE PIE baby! This was a good loss, it hurts me as a fan, gotta hurt worse for them..

But as history shows a good loss during a good season has helped them get refocused on who they are, fundamentals which we need for eliminating penalties and 0 turnovers. We have always been a team that doesn't beat themselves, and we take advantage of other teams mistakes and score...

We got our asses kicked yesterday, players not ready to lay some wood to Jacks, and got beat substantially on both sides of the lines... We got BISONED!

SDSU has grown their program to meet ours and others are close behind, yet we have not taken the next step to be a super FBS type program.
    Sorry people, we are not a FBS program so get off that high horse, and until we are beating MVFC Teams by 20 points or more every game, we belong where we are. Its tough regional college football and we are a national power for sure.

Yep a good ass kickin yesterday should either help wake them up this week to improve, or it will show we don't have the guys who want to go the distance to win.....

Don't panic yet, but us fans sure see signs of issues both coaching and execution at a high level on this team this year for sure...
    How many threads are you going to start today?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

So Tyler is Bison03 and Matt is nodak Greg.

Good to know.

Lardsin must go!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NodakGreg View Post

Pretty hard to take the next step without those 20 extra scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Were fine but we will never beat SDSU, JMU or Sam Houston by having ridiculous penalties that give them a free TD, blowing a coverage that leads to a long TD run, fumbling at key times in the game and sucking in the Red zone

But maybe the coaches want to consider getting back to pounding the rock like we used to.

I agree with you if you mean quit the RPO crap and get back to Fullback in Backfield, and play actions and mix and match...but if you mean 0 hole between the guards for 3qtrs we won't go far once in the playoffs, better teams, more athletic, bigger, faster, know 8 men in the box, can't block them all. Cmon TR dump to those big TE's or RB's in the flats...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Pretty hard to take the next step without those 20 extra scholarships.
    Yes 20 more scholarships helps to level the playing field, but I struggle with FBS from a Fan perspective I would love to have MWC come to play in Fargo, Boise St.
    Colorado, Nevada, UNLV, California Teams something new as it was when we went in transition to the Great West Conference. New teams etc....

From losing the chance to play in a playoff system and true national championship that would stink. FCS has a perfect system in College Football. FBS committe needs to do the same so we as fans have college football every weekend during December... Sooo much fun...

Its also a shame NDSU hasn't gotten a FBS offer but we all know its all about the money, not the programs.... sad...
    The Bison have earned the chance to move up, bring in new teams, but I do regret that day if it ever comes we are no longer in a playoff system...