Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: PLAYERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA a pure distraction

Default Re: PLAYERS AND SOCIAL MEDIA a pure distraction

See what the No Fun League flags for taunting these days?

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You are making a hell of an assumption. How do you know that they have no problem with that issue????

Why would you pull funding because of what some fans do? I have never heard that one.
    Well because the university is clearly allowing it to continue. They’ve taken no stand against it. Do you call out those around you who do it? Tell them they aren’t a patriot and that they hate our county and the values it was built on? Do you tell the athletic administration that unless they get the Fargo Dome staff to make sure every fan adheres to a strict anthem policy then you are pulling funding?

What is so easily forgotten in this fucked up mess is that before Kapernick sat down, no one gave two shits about the players during the anthem. They wanted to hear a famous person sing it and a kick ass fly over or paratrooper drop in. But Kap taking a knee, and the media circus surrounding that made it such a polarizing deal that it’s now become so much more than it actually is.

The social media thing, NIL, and kneeling is just part of the world we live in. You see the Washington Huskies coach got suspended for hitting a player on hit helmet with his play sheet because the kid wouldn’t shut his mouth? The kid was popping off on the sideline, about ready to draw a flag for taunting, and the coach put him in his place. Now he’s out a weeks salary for it. For hitting a kid on his $300 helmet with a piece of laminated paper? I mean when I played that shit was common place and if you got it you probably deserved it because you done fucked up. Love it or hate it…it’s never going to be “shut up and play” ever again. These kids have too much access to people and the culture has created a situation where if you have a platform and you don’t use it, it a knock on the you. That isn’t an NDSU thing, it’s global.

To quote a book I love:

“Everything is fucked. And that’s okay. It always has been and it always will be”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

I want Jayden Price to house another punt so he can. carry on his tradition of tossing the balls into the stands. that is awesome!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I want Jayden Price to house another punt so he can. carry on his tradition of tossing the balls into the stands. that is awesome!!
    But would the taunting penalty be in addition to the inevitable holding or illegal block in the back penalty?
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post

The social media thing, NIL, and kneeling is just part of the world we live in. You see the Washington Huskies coach got suspended for hitting a player on hit helmet with his play sheet because the kid wouldn’t shut his mouth? The kid was popping off on the sideline, about ready to draw a flag for taunting, and the coach put him in his place. Now he’s out a weeks salary for it. For hitting a kid on his $300 helmet with a piece of laminated paper? I mean when I played that shit was common place and if you got it you probably deserved it because you done fucked up. Love it or hate it…it’s never going to be “shut up and play” ever again. These kids have too much access to people and the culture has created a situation where if you have a platform and you don’t use it, it a knock on the you. That isn’t an NDSU thing, it’s global.

To quote a book I love:

“Everything is fucked. And that’s okay. It always has been and it always will be”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, part of coaching is being an authority figure to help kids learn respect, follow directions, ect..its not just about winning. Coaches don't have the same control they once did, social media is wrecking this world, what happened to just the good old days of funny email forwards....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Behind closed doors? How did you get access to the locker room?
    The KKK used to march in the streets of this county with their white hoods on carrying the Stars and Stripes. That was their right. Patriotic racism is almost as old as this country.
    I spent ten years coaching at the HS level. I always stand and put my hand over my heart during the anthem. My suggestion is YOU do what you think is right and YOU quit worrying about what other people do. That’s American!
    Last edited by semobison; 11-09-2021 at 01:15 PM.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

All the shit about social media... the world is changing and I don't like it! I knew this would happen someday; didn't think it would be before I hit 40.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    All the shit about social media... the world is changing and I don't like it! I knew this would happen someday; didn't think it would be before I hit 40.
    You're not even 40 and you already have a distaste for change?

Oh man, you are going to be one cranky old dude when you get to be my age!

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I respectfully disagree with you. Bison football is NOT ABOUT me, me, and me. I do my job, you do your job. Tossing the ball and other stupid, avoidable penalties put your teammates into a bad position. How many times have we seen a player pulled out of a game due to an unsportsmanlike conduct and then get a chewing out by a coach on the sidelines. A player's stupid actions have consequences on the game. I, for one, would like to see Price pump his fist, celebrate with his teammates, and then hand the ball to the official.