Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Our offensive identity is lost

Default Re: Our offensive identity is lost

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Our run scheme is simpleton. Defenses can T off at snap. That makes things very difficult for the Oline.

Would really like to see us implement a toss sweep if we are going to continue with what we are doing inside the tackles. We aren’t giving our Oline a fair chance IMO.

And, not to mention that we have only 1 elite RB .... that we use as a blocker and TE way more than as a RB.

If I were head coach, I would be looking at my entire roster, sans linemen, to find players who were great RBs in HS, and give all of them a fair look at RB. Think about it ... every team we play has at least 1, if not 2, better RBs than we do.
    I was thinking about this before the game...and actually pretty often when I hear about SDSU. Remember when we used to be RBU? They just keep reloading with stud RBs and we can't seem to find ONE anymore. How are we constantly unable to recruit one of the most important positions in our system? I have to believe it's some of the "no feature back" stubbornness...or what? Why wouldn't a stud RB want to come to NDSU?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I agree with building around strengths, but it feels like we run 6 plays sometimes, we’re so predictable. What do you want to cut back.
    QB designed runs.....But then I would cut 2/3 of the offense. Cam is a nice player but we have more dynamic playmakers that need to get the ball more. Roll him out more, work in the TEs and backs more, he is a great thrower in the short to intermediate range. I would also cut back the RB rotation, find a few backs that compliment each other and feed them the majority of the load.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    I was thinking about this before the game...and actually pretty often when I hear about SDSU. Remember when we used to be RBU? They just keep reloading with stud RBs and we can't seem to find ONE anymore. How are we constantly unable to recruit one of the most important positions in our system? I have to believe it's some of the "no feature back" stubbornness...or what? Why wouldn't a stud RB want to come to NDSU?
    We do have one in Williams and I think Gonella would be if we gave him enough touches. But instead we pound our QB and a pair of scat backs up the middle 70% of the time.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    We recruit plenty of RB talent. But we refuse to use them to their potential by not spreading the field. Derrick Henry would have a hard time running into the stacked boxes and predictable plays we're trying to use and run against.

I say again, having our QB be our leading rusher every other week is not acceptable playcalling.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    We do have one in Williams and I think Gonella would be if we gave him enough touches. But instead we pound our QB and a pair of scat backs up the middle 70% of the time.
    Gonella runs hard but always seems to be limping when he goes to the sideline. Not sure what his situation is.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    Agreed! I was actually encouraged that Tamerick Williams got more carries today. I just don't see why Kobe keeps getting the carries he's getting. He and Bussey are just not guys who break tackles... they can run around people but not through them. Gonnella is hurt and apparently so is Luepke (right???). Give Williams 20 carries a game if that's the case.

This is much more of a line and play calling issue. I don't care who the rb is. With nowhere to run and people in the backfield, it just doesn't matter.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed! I was actually encouraged that Tamerick Williams got more carries today. I just don't see why Kobe keeps getting the carries he's getting. He and Bussey are just not guys who break tackles... they can run around people but not through them. Gonnella is hurt and apparently so is Luepke (right???). Give Williams 20 carries a game if that's the case.
    If John Crockett was on our roster he would be splitting carries with Kobe and Gonnella. I agree though, Williams is the only back I’m seeing making something out of nothing

Feed the hot hand. Every game. Repeat. This is Bison football.

Our Oline needs to look at themselves deep this week. Wanna see some draft talent show themselves Billy Turner style.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    If John Crockett was on our roster he would be splitting carries with Kobe and Gonnella. I agree though, Williams is the only back I’m seeing making something out of nothing
    Crockett was the lone feature back his senior year.

He would be #1 on this roster too.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes