Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Our offensive identity is lost

Default Re: Our offensive identity is lost

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    SDSU was the better team yesterday, but with Cam’s two horrible turnovers, the running into the punter, all the goofy shit that Stig throws at us, etc. I like where we’re at. That game could’ve been won with better coaching and if that happens as it normally does come playoff time we’ll be just fine.
    I really don't think that the INT was that terrible... didn't SDSU's DB just knock Watson down on that play? And the fumble was kind of flukey and an easy fix. All in all, I thought Cam played a pretty good game. And, hey, teams need a wake-up call. There's a reason that undefeated seasons don't happen on the first title run in a series (and I consider this the start of a new run since so much has changed since 2019.)

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I really don't think that the INT was that terrible... didn't SDSU's DB just knock Watson down on that play? And the fumble was kind of flukey and an easy fix. All in all, I thought Cam played a pretty good game. And, hey, teams need a wake-up call. There's a reason that undefeated seasons don't happen on the first title run in a series (and I consider this the start of a new run since so much has changed since 2019.)
    Its crazy we were still in the game with all the adversity. Picks happen. The 2 fumbles were bigger. The refs always give the home field an advantage and that's fine. At times we looked good enough but the offense is still dog shit, especially in the red zone

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    My problems with Cams pick all revolve around when it happened. It was 1st and 10 and we were moving the ball very well on the drive. It was pretty obvious we were going to run the deep ball to Watson play when we lined up and only sent out two in the route. When cam turned around that ball was gonna fly whether Watson was one on one or there were 5 rabbits back there.

If it was 3rd and long I really like the play call and decision to throw since it was essentially a punt.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

My problems with Cams pick all revolve around when it happened. It was 1st and 10 and we were moving the ball very well on the drive. It was pretty obvious we were going to run the deep ball to Watson play when we lined up and only sent out two in the route. When cam turned around that ball was gonna fly whether Watson was one on one or there were 5 rabbits back there.

If it was 3rd and long I really like the play call and decision to throw since it was essentially a punt.
    I hold (and had yesterday right after it happened) the same position as you on this. There was zero reason to call that play at that time and about a 100 reasons not to. I think this dovetails with O Identity Thread. There no rhyme or reason to our play calling.

Another question I have is whether coaches are telling RBs not to bounce outside when planned gap is full. I just don’t get it. You see other teams do it all the time—with success. Hell, most linger runs in the NFL result from RB making a move or bounce to the outside. It’s both mind-boggling and maddening for me.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Delta formation? Haven't seen it lately

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I hold (and had yesterday right after it happened) the same position as you on this. There was zero reason to call that play at that time and about a 100 reasons not to. I think this dovetails with O Identity Thread. There no rhyme or reason to our play calling.

Another question I have is whether coaches are telling RBs not to bounce outside when planned gap is full. I just don’t get it. You see other teams do it all the time—with success. Hell, most linger runs in the NFL result from RB making a move or bounce to the outside. It’s both mind-boggling and maddening for me.
    I agree with this but maybe our RBs have been overrated as good backs have good vision and do this periodically.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

We did it in the SDSU game at least once
    If it flies it dies.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Delta formation? Haven't seen it lately

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We did it against sdsu at least once
    If it flies it dies.

SDSU was the better team yesterday, but with Cam’s two horrible turnovers, the running into the punter, all the goofy shit that Stig throws at us, etc. I like where we’re at. That game could’ve been won with better coaching and if that happens as it normally does come playoff time we’ll be just fine.
    Coaching ain't improving anytime soon. We got a coordinator who got the job because he was a local legend on the gridiron and a head coach who isn't equipped either.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    And Roehl would probably still run the QB 75% of the time...
    And...if Tyler Roehl was the feature RB, and the OC kept calling QB runs...what would he have thought?