Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Our offensive identity is lost

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Our offensive identity is lost

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Not even close. We used to put the QB under center most of the time. We would do single back or the I with a fullback. Now it's shotgun, more specifically read option most of the time.. Like 80% of the time
    And that has been going on for years now. Since TR took over...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    And that has been going on for years now. Since TR took over...
    It really started in Kliemans last game vs SDSU when Easton ran wild. Continued with Trey. Unfortunately Continued with Zeb

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The whole concept works really well when the best athlete on the field is your QB, not the greatest strategy when that isn't the case. We don't put the ball in the hands of our playmakers enough.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

It really started in Kliemans last game vs SDSU when Easton ran wild. Continued with Trey. Unfortunately Continued with Zeb
    You make my point here. Fall back to the pack a little without an NFL caliber QB

We found it today. Will we hang on to it?
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    No time better than now to start!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Check out Wyoming's offensive output and you should realize TR has too much TP imho. Just too stubborn at times.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Serious question, why don't the coaches use the "perimeter" run game to set up the between the tackles run?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    Can we stick to old school Bison Football 2 games in a row? Well see. Seems like if we get stuffed a few times we revert back to the read option garbage

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IIRC Easton's usage in that SDSU semi was mainly because the RBs were a MASH unit at the time.