Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Our offensive identity is lost

Default Re: Our offensive identity is lost

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I thought Entz said at a weekly press conference that they were going to hold put HL until he was fully recovered so NDSU didn't have to go week by week on him.

I agree with Chapo. Rest DG & HL until the playoffs. Feed TW a lot the next few weeks.

Dewey
    I am going to diddly-o-ditto this.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I am going to diddly-o-ditto this.
    I have never seen that used in a ditto sense Tony...I may steal it.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Persnally I think Cam has played well, he gives us the a consistent threat in the passing game. Makes some plays with his feet in both the called QB run game and scrambling on pass plays. He made a couple mistakes, hopefully he can correct them.

I really question our offensive line play. I almost feel like they are kind of over rated? Might take some criticism from this. I just don't feel like they have played up to the hype.

I am starting to question our interior of our offensive line. I feel like their is constantly defensive tackles penetrating the backfield. Kubas, Jensen and Sundell have to play better. They also have options like moving Cordell inside and playing Miller or Rock at RT. Also have Grey Zabel as an option at guard. Westberg played well at center while Sundell was out.

Maybe they will make some moves to get a consistent running game going led by the RB room.

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    Persnally I think Cam has played well, he gives us the a consistent threat in the passing game. Makes some plays with his feet in both the called QB run game and scrambling on pass plays. He made a couple mistakes, hopefully he can correct them.

I really question our offensive line play. I almost feel like they are kind of over rated? Might take some criticism from this. I just don't feel like they have played up to the hype.

I am starting to question our interior of our offensive line. I feel like their is constantly defensive tackles penetrating the backfield. Kubas, Jensen and Sundell have to play better. They also have options like moving Cordell inside and playing Miller or Rock at RT. Also have Grey Zabel as an option at guard. Westberg played well at center while Sundell was out.

Maybe they will make some moves to get a consistent running game going led by the RB room.
    I think the oline not being great has started to be the talking point for some of the media. I have seen/heard Ross at Bison Report many times this year say Kubas isn't cutting it and is on the ground way too often.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We are not the Rams of old. There was a time when we could line up and you knew those chains were going to move. Not any more. Is it coaching? New OL coach came in in a hurry last year...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post

O-line is the main issue on offense IMO. They got worked by SDSU's d-line last Saturday. I don't know if it's a lack of execution by the players or poor coaching but there's plenty of improvement to be made in both of those areas. I was really hoping to see Zabel and Rock turn into guys who forced the coaches to play them more this year but it hasn't happened yet. Entz mentioned in his presser that Zabel is still trying to get back to 100% mentally and physically from his ankle injury in the spring. I'm also kind of disappointed that LaCilento hasn't been able to contribute much. He's only played in garbage time this year. This offense only goes as far as the Rams can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    We are not the Rams of old. There was a time when we could line up and you knew those chains were going to move. Not any more. Is it coaching? New OL coach came in in a hurry last year...
    Agreed, it all starts with the O-Line. Seems like everyone wants make a big play or high light play instead of trying to execute every play correctly. Many highlights of O line running down field trying pancake or crushing block to the whistle that borderlines on a penalty, but very few of proper technique and foot and hand movement in the trenches. I have noticed against teams with average to good defenses our O line laying on the ground with no Defensive player around them or shuffling unsure where and whom to block.

IMO the oline problems come down to coaching and the scheme. Larson has never been an oline coach why did Entz think he'd be good at it? The read option offense has systematically killed our basic power offensive line attack.

Dan Larson Year-by-Year Coaching History - No OLine experience
    Year School Position
    2003 Marietta (Ohio) Running Backs
    2004 Marietta (Ohio) Running Backs
    2005 Wisconsin-Stout Wide Receivers
    2006 Colgate Running Backs
    2007 Colgate Running Backs/Special Teams Coordinator
    2008 Macalester Offensive Coordinator
    2009 Macalester Offensive Coordinator
    2010 Macalester Offensive Coordinator
    2011 Macalester Offensive Coordinator
    2012 Macalester Offensive Coordinator
    2013 Minnesota-Duluth Offensive Coordinator
    2014 Minnesota-Duluth Offensive Coordinator
    2015 Minnesota-Duluth Offensive Coordinator
    2016 Wisconsin-Eau Claire Head Coach
    2017 Wisconsin-Eau Claire Head Coach
    2018 Wisconsin-Eau Claire Head Coach
    2019 North Dakota State Running Backs

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Could be. The guys first job as an offensive line coach is at NDSU. That's a crazy expectation. I'm sure he's adequate but I'm not overly impressed with the units performance or improvement either. No way he's as good as our previous coaches who were awesome. But the timing isn't really his fault. I was hoping he would have been stop gap. Not your permanant guy.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com