Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    I really liked Entz/Roehl at the start. I know their first game was against Butler but I loved it. They aired it out, they used their tight ends, they didn't just trot out the kicking unit after a touchdown. Where did all of that go?

Add in that they haven't really adjusted or improved upon things like time management and it's not a good look. Plus, I think Entz' comments about people questioning winners being losers was really in bad taste. He makes piles of money and he's going to get heaps of praise when they win, but he needs to be able to handle criticism much better than he has. It comes with the territory.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Way to much analytics and attempts at mismatches being used. Way too much. I get motioning to adjust strength, etc., but we don’t really need to create mismatches, as we have them comparatively before we even line up. Just make it simple and let players make plays.

My HS football coach was asked by media (after little Mahnomen put helmets on and kicked the crap out of higher division team Thief River Falls) if he ever worried about other teams knowing what we were going to do. His response: “I just wanna make damn sure my players know what they are doing”.

I’m not suggesting we run QB power all the time ... what I am suggesting is allow your players to make plays. Do we really need to create mismatches for our TEs? They already exist at the LOS. Same wit Watson, Sproles and some of our RBs (think: Luepke). Get the fuck out of their way and let them make plays, mismatch or not.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Spot fucking on! Play smashmouth football and let players make plays.

I was pretty mad about clock management at the end of the game. No urgency at all.
    But on the positive side, it was perhaps one of the most enjoyable tailgates we have had. The weather was absolutely beautiful. So much food it was unbelievable and good visits with lots of friends. As disappointing as it was, it really was what sports should be. A good time with fellow fans.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Way to much analytics and attempts at mismatches being used. Way too much. I get motioning to adjust strength, etc., but we don’t really need to create mismatches, as we have them comparatively before we even line up. Just make it simple and let players make plays.

My HS football coach was asked by media (after little Mahnomen put helmets on and kicked the crap out of higher division team Thief River Falls) if he ever worried about other teams knowing what we were going to do. His response: “I just wanna make damn sure my players know what they are doing”.

I’m not suggesting we run QB power all the time ... what I am suggesting is allow your players to make plays. Do we really need to create mismatches for our TEs? They already exist at the LOS. Same wit Watson, Sproles and some of our RBs (think: Luepke). Get the fuck out of their way and let them make plays, mismatch or not.
    I was talking with my brother-in-law and a question dawned on me. How many 6'5" guys could we put on the field at one time in the RedZone? 4? 5? That right there is a matchup nightmare. But why would we do something like that?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Found that old LeCompte play... don't ask my why I remember stuff like this 8 years later cuz I don't know why: https://youtu.be/91ez76W_v7M?t=3618

Looks like in that case the rushers were moreso going for the tackle than the blocked kick so I guess that would explain the no call.
    That is a very good example of contact that appears to be attempting to tackle a runner. When they get there it's not clear if he's going to kick it out get tackled before he can kick. Amazing play by him to get the kick off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Was Jasir Cox playing? Don't seem to remember him in the starting lineup.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Was Jasir Cox playing? Don't seem to remember him in the starting lineup.
    Yes he was
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Been saying this for awhile now. We never used to care if other teams knew what we were going to do because we just did it well. Now we really aren't doing anything well because it seems like we are trying to do too much. Get back to the basics and do what we do and do it well!

Bumping this thread just because it makes me

The type of shit SDSU drew up for this game is the type of shit NDSU draws up for the natty only... probably explains why both teams have done what they've done in the last 10 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Bumping this thread just because it makes me

The type of shit SDSU drew up for this game is the type of shit NDSU draws up for the natty only... probably explains why both teams have done what they've done in the last 10 years or so.
    That is because NDSU is SDSU's championship.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk